Wimbledon madam caught running brothel in Tooting 'bed and 'breakfast'
A prostitute who ran an industrial-scale brothel from a “bed and breakfast”, is facing jail after being caught by police.
Honey Williams, 44, sobbed in court after pleading guilty to managing the brothel at the Coach House in Hoyle Road, near St George’s Hospital.
She insisted it was only on a small-scale, claiming she was working as a hairdresser who looked after her disabled partner, with whom she lives in Wimbledon.
But police found evidence she spent £20,000 a year advertising her brothel, which employed up to 10 women sleeping with up to nine men each a night after a raid in October.
Known to working girls under the alias Diana, Ms Williams had advertised the business widely on pornographic websites and mainstream publications like Loot and London and Essex Newspapers, publishers of the South London Press.
In 2008 the Wimbledon Guardian, along with all Newsquest publications, took the lead in banning all adult advertisements after deciding that it was impossible to identify which ones were being used to advertise women who had been trafficked for sex.
Appearing at Lavender Hill Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, September 20, the Crown Prosecution Service accepted the women working for Ms Williams were not being trafficked or coerced.
The prosecutor said: “She wasn’t running it for charity, it was a money-making venture for financial gain.”
Police then raided her flat in Kings Road, Wimbledon, where they discovered thousands of fliers advertising the brothel, as well as payment receipts that contained meticulous details about the business.
One, named Nicole, had slept with nine men in one night and was paid £405 – or £45 each time.
Ms Williams’ defence solicitor did not accept she was running a large-scale operation and explained she also worked as a hairdresser and provided daily care for her disabled partner who lives with her.
He said: “Part of that advertising was when Mrs Williams herself was working, rather than the services of other girls.
“She was originally from near Rwanda. Her family was caught up in the troubles there.
“Her husband and children, she has not seen them since she left that country. She understands her husband is dead. She has been a UK citizen since 2000.”
She could not be sentenced by the magistrates’ court because of the severity of her crimes.
She will be sentenced at Kingston Crown Court next month.