Surprise as fox cubs survive shed fire
9:28am Sunday 1st April 2012 in News
Three fox cubs have been rescued from under a burning shed.
Firefighters from Epsom were shocked to hear animal noises after extinguishing a fire in three sheds in Manor Green Road yesterday afternoon at about 2.30pm.
The crew initially thought it was a child’s toy, but after removing some of the debris they discovered three baby foxes.
One fireman said: “It was weird because it was such a big fire, there was lots of smoke and you would not have thought anything was going to survive it.”
The three cubs were taken into care by the Wildlife Aid Foundation in Leatherhead.