EPPING: Two men stabbed in High Street brawl

AT least two of the men injured in Saturday's mass brawl in Epping High Street were stabbed, the Guardian can reveal.

More details are emerging today about the large-scale fight, which is believed to have started outside nightspots Club One9Five and The Edge at around 2.25am.

Police have now said a total of 13 men had to be taken to hospital following the mayhem, even more than previously believed.

And the Guardian understands at least two of those were stabbed.

Officers have confirmed there were a "number of knife injuries" but have been unable to say exactly how many.

A police spokesman added that those taken to hospital were treated for a mixture of wounds and lacerations caused by a "variety of weapons."

Many more "walking wounded" were also hurt, but did not need hospital treatment.

It is thought at least 20 men were involved.

Some people have also contacted the Guardian claiming a group of men arrived at the scene in a van and were armed with knives and screwdrivers, although this has not been confirmed by police.

The status of two men who suffered "serious" injuries in the incident is currently unknown, but the emergency services are expected to provide an update on their condition later today.

MOTHER - MY SON'S FACE NEEDED 20 STITCHES

A mother of one of those injured, who did not wish to be named, said her son had needed 20 stitches to his face after being hit by a bottle in the chaos.

She said: “He's got a cut right down his cheek all the way to his mouth. And he's got to go back to hospital again because his eye is in a bad way.

“He doesn't remember much of what happened. He was just out having a drink with some friends from Walthamstow celebrating a birthday when he got hit on the back of the head. It is very worrying that something like this could happen, especially if knives were involved.”

The woman said police had taken some of her son's clothes for forensic work as part of their investigation, and had yet to return them.

Officers remained at the scene for most of Saturday carrying out further investigatory work, and their enquiries are still on-going today.

AMBULANCE SERVICE - THREE WERE INJURED IN THE NECK

A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We received several emergency calls to the High Street from 2.28am, and our first resource was on scene in about four minutes with five other crews and a manager appearing to have been dispatched as well.

"At least three [of those injured] suffered neck injuries, at least two suffered facial injuries, [and] one patient was described as having been unconscious.

"Some patients were taken to Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow, others were taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone.

"[This was] a very involved incident which needed a great deal of liaison with police on scene, and receiving hospitals, to ensure patients were dealt with as safely and quickly as possible."

Many of those injured are thought to be from Walthamstow and Chingford in East London, and aged in their early to mid 20s.

POLICE LAUNCH APPEAL FOR WITNESSES

Meanwhile the 46-year-old man from Harlow who was arrested following the fighting has been bailed by police until December 21.

He had been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.

Police have also today launched an appeal for witness to the brawl, which they are describing as a “large-scale disorder”.

Anyone with any information about the incident, which happened at around 2.25am on Saturday September 26, is urged to contact Harlow CID on 0300 333 4444.

Did you see what happened? Contact reporter Daniel Binns on 0779 547 6625 or via email at dbinns@london.newsquest.co.uk

Comments (29)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:05pm Mon 28 Sep 09

Morris Hickey says...

If the police and licensing authority do not put more effort into controlling premises, and limiting licences, then Epping will turn into another Debden, Ilford, Gants Hill, Romford or Brentwood.
If the police and licensing authority do not put more effort into controlling premises, and limiting licences, then Epping will turn into another Debden, Ilford, Gants Hill, Romford or Brentwood. Morris Hickey

3:33pm Mon 28 Sep 09

lukegowing says...

why not list every town in a 30 mile radius..... this is happening in every high street most weekends , and symptomatic of the morons we are breeding. you cant blame every licensing commitee for every flare up
why not list every town in a 30 mile radius..... this is happening in every high street most weekends , and symptomatic of the morons we are breeding. you cant blame every licensing commitee for every flare up lukegowing

7:13pm Mon 28 Sep 09

Keefie says...

Debden !!!!!! How on earth can you include Debden. You really haven't got a clue.
Debden !!!!!! How on earth can you include Debden. You really haven't got a clue. Keefie

8:08pm Mon 28 Sep 09

ConcernedofLoughton says...

I hope that last post was sarcastic
I hope that last post was sarcastic ConcernedofLoughton

11:07pm Mon 28 Sep 09

Morris Hickey says...

Keefie wrote:
Debden !!!!!! How on earth can you include Debden. You really haven't got a clue.
You need to get out more often.
[quote][p][bold]Keefie[/bold] wrote: Debden !!!!!! How on earth can you include Debden. You really haven't got a clue.[/p][/quote]You need to get out more often. Morris Hickey

11:39pm Mon 28 Sep 09

Epping Res says...

I think they mean Deben isn't exactly noted for its restaurants and clubs or that many pubs to warrant the status of Romford, Ilford ect. When I say status I mean not nice Essex nightlife. Lets face it folks Essex has such a bad cheap common chave like status and its become so justifyable. Evan private school kids in Essex have a cockney accent. There are always exceptions in every walk of life but unfortunately majority rules. Epping was a nice town with a variety of posh, country, working class loveley looking town. And then suddenly the decent of loughton, orange fake tan, highlights millions of hairdressing salons and boutiques, am I suddenly in Wansted alright mate. Im afraid Epping and hard nut night fancy night clubs have moved in almost like the mafios. What a shame go to the Forest gate Inn pub in Epping thats what Epping should be for example.
I think they mean Deben isn't exactly noted for its restaurants and clubs or that many pubs to warrant the status of Romford, Ilford ect. When I say status I mean not nice Essex nightlife. Lets face it folks Essex has such a bad cheap common chave like status and its become so justifyable. Evan private school kids in Essex have a cockney accent. There are always exceptions in every walk of life but unfortunately majority rules. Epping was a nice town with a variety of posh, country, working class loveley looking town. And then suddenly the decent of loughton, orange fake tan, highlights millions of hairdressing salons and boutiques, am I suddenly in Wansted alright mate. Im afraid Epping and hard nut night fancy night clubs have moved in almost like the mafios. What a shame go to the Forest gate Inn pub in Epping thats what Epping should be for example. Epping Res

8:33am Tue 29 Sep 09

Sleuthy says...

It's quite easy. Just bring back the 11pm licensing law for weekends and 10.30pm midweek. Most problems will go away. There'll still be fights, but not on the scale we're seeing. Plus replace the police CSOs with real policemen.
It's quite easy. Just bring back the 11pm licensing law for weekends and 10.30pm midweek. Most problems will go away. There'll still be fights, but not on the scale we're seeing. Plus replace the police CSOs with real policemen. Sleuthy

9:22am Tue 29 Sep 09

chingford20 says...

its got nothing to do with the area it happened,fact is it did and to my friends. everyone who was there cant remember a thing, and probly think they were drugged and the whole thing was planned. it was a racist attack blacks against whites-god knows why, thought racist issues were behind us now!wonder why they have a problem with white people?

oh yeah, how can the whitnesses come forward when none of them can remember a thing? very strange if u ask me......dodgy place......
its got nothing to do with the area it happened,fact is it did and to my friends. everyone who was there cant remember a thing, and probly think they were drugged and the whole thing was planned. it was a racist attack blacks against whites-god knows why, thought racist issues were behind us now!wonder why they have a problem with white people? oh yeah, how can the whitnesses come forward when none of them can remember a thing? very strange if u ask me......dodgy place...... chingford20

10:42am Tue 29 Sep 09

Johnny Boy says...

chingford20 wrote:
its got nothing to do with the area it happened,fact is it did and to my friends. everyone who was there cant remember a thing, and probly think they were drugged and the whole thing was planned. it was a racist attack blacks against whites-god knows why, thought racist issues were behind us now!wonder why they have a problem with white people? oh yeah, how can the whitnesses come forward when none of them can remember a thing? very strange if u ask me......dodgy place......
As you previously stated they appear to remember a van turning up with persons armed with knives and screwdrivers !!!

You now claim that the attack was planned and drinks were spiked affecting peoples memories, sounds a bit like like a conspiracy theory or was it down to the amount of alcohol consumed that caused mass memory loss ???
[quote][p][bold]chingford20[/bold] wrote: its got nothing to do with the area it happened,fact is it did and to my friends. everyone who was there cant remember a thing, and probly think they were drugged and the whole thing was planned. it was a racist attack blacks against whites-god knows why, thought racist issues were behind us now!wonder why they have a problem with white people? oh yeah, how can the whitnesses come forward when none of them can remember a thing? very strange if u ask me......dodgy place......[/p][/quote]As you previously stated they appear to remember a van turning up with persons armed with knives and screwdrivers !!! You now claim that the attack was planned and drinks were spiked affecting peoples memories, sounds a bit like like a conspiracy theory or was it down to the amount of alcohol consumed that caused mass memory loss ??? Johnny Boy

11:12am Tue 29 Sep 09

Epping Res says...

Have heard from various people some who had nephews there others who know staff that work there that it definetely started in 195 club. Someone who actually runs the club had invited them all , they were on the guest list. Apparantely the atmosphere was bad, they pushed a crowd down the stairs , got their weapons from their vehicle and stabbed and slashed as many young lads they could in the alley. A young lad was cowering under car crying don't kill me I'm too young. It turned into an out of control blood bath.. frenzy. I don't know if this is fact or rumour it is just two accounts that I heard. Faces slashed , throats cut . All in the small town of Epping. If it is true the police must have the names on guest list. I hope 195 club closes for good.
Have heard from various people some who had nephews there others who know staff that work there that it definetely started in 195 club. Someone who actually runs the club had invited them all , they were on the guest list. Apparantely the atmosphere was bad, they pushed a crowd down the stairs , got their weapons from their vehicle and stabbed and slashed as many young lads they could in the alley. A young lad was cowering under car crying don't kill me I'm too young. It turned into an out of control blood bath.. frenzy. I don't know if this is fact or rumour it is just two accounts that I heard. Faces slashed , throats cut . All in the small town of Epping. If it is true the police must have the names on guest list. I hope 195 club closes for good. Epping Res

11:24am Tue 29 Sep 09

ConcernedofLoughton says...

What is it with this part of essex recently, Loughton and Epping both in the news for violence last weekend and we have seen mass brawls in the area before (the Academy).
What is it with this part of essex recently, Loughton and Epping both in the news for violence last weekend and we have seen mass brawls in the area before (the Academy). ConcernedofLoughton

11:43am Tue 29 Sep 09

lukegowing says...

ConcernedofLoughton wrote:
What is it with this part of essex recently, Loughton and Epping both in the news for violence last weekend and we have seen mass brawls in the area before (the Academy).
both were quiet country towns, totally unsuitable for late licence clubs, not enough policing to cope, virtual free for all
[quote][p][bold]ConcernedofLoughton[/bold] wrote: What is it with this part of essex recently, Loughton and Epping both in the news for violence last weekend and we have seen mass brawls in the area before (the Academy).[/p][/quote]both were quiet country towns, totally unsuitable for late licence clubs, not enough policing to cope, virtual free for all lukegowing

2:03pm Tue 29 Sep 09

Maurice Stoker says...

Birching and stocks in front of their peers is the only answer to this misbehaviour it would seem.
Birching and stocks in front of their peers is the only answer to this misbehaviour it would seem. Maurice Stoker

3:09pm Tue 29 Sep 09

ConcernedofLoughton says...

Or possibly locking them up for a good long period of time and hefty fines.
Or possibly locking them up for a good long period of time and hefty fines. ConcernedofLoughton

5:09pm Tue 29 Sep 09

Keefie says...

Thanks EppingRes thats exactly what I mean't. Debden is not perfect, but it's hardly noted for it's late night drinking establishments and outpourings of drunken clubbers !!!!!

Also, can someone tell me how changing the licensing laws back to how they were would have any effect at all ? Clubs have always been allowed to open late even prior to '24 hour drinking' and I've put that in quotes as thats a complete myth usually bandied around by Nimbies and people like Morris Hickey.
Thanks EppingRes thats exactly what I mean't. Debden is not perfect, but it's hardly noted for it's late night drinking establishments and outpourings of drunken clubbers !!!!! Also, can someone tell me how changing the licensing laws back to how they were would have any effect at all ? Clubs have always been allowed to open late even prior to '24 hour drinking' and I've put that in quotes as thats a complete myth usually bandied around by Nimbies and people like Morris Hickey. Keefie

7:03pm Tue 29 Sep 09

Morris Hickey says...

Keefie wrote:
Thanks EppingRes thats exactly what I mean't. Debden is not perfect, but it's hardly noted for it's late night drinking establishments and outpourings of drunken clubbers !!!!! Also, can someone tell me how changing the licensing laws back to how they were would have any effect at all ? Clubs have always been allowed to open late even prior to '24 hour drinking' and I've put that in quotes as thats a complete myth usually bandied around by Nimbies and people like Morris Hickey.
Keefie baby. Do yourself a little research and you will find out the significant differences between the criteria for approval under the Licensing Act 2003, and the much tougher ones that applied previously.
[quote][p][bold]Keefie[/bold] wrote: Thanks EppingRes thats exactly what I mean't. Debden is not perfect, but it's hardly noted for it's late night drinking establishments and outpourings of drunken clubbers !!!!! Also, can someone tell me how changing the licensing laws back to how they were would have any effect at all ? Clubs have always been allowed to open late even prior to '24 hour drinking' and I've put that in quotes as thats a complete myth usually bandied around by Nimbies and people like Morris Hickey. [/p][/quote]Keefie baby. Do yourself a little research and you will find out the significant differences between the criteria for approval under the Licensing Act 2003, and the much tougher ones that applied previously. Morris Hickey

6:30pm Wed 30 Sep 09

Keefie says...

Well Morris, I'm actually refering to the October 2005 changes to the licensing act which introduced the mythical '24 Hour Drinking' culture. So please do your research.
Well Morris, I'm actually refering to the October 2005 changes to the licensing act which introduced the mythical '24 Hour Drinking' culture. So please do your research. Keefie

8:34pm Wed 30 Sep 09

Morris Hickey says...

Keefie wrote:
Well Morris, I'm actually refering to the October 2005 changes to the licensing act which introduced the mythical '24 Hour Drinking' culture. So please do your research.
So, despite your personal jibe we are probably not far apart.
[quote][p][bold]Keefie[/bold] wrote: Well Morris, I'm actually refering to the October 2005 changes to the licensing act which introduced the mythical '24 Hour Drinking' culture. So please do your research.[/p][/quote]So, despite your personal jibe we are probably not far apart. Morris Hickey

10:29pm Wed 30 Sep 09

barbara levine says...

We should have proper police in Epping and surrounding areas, not PCSOs who have no power. Also, these mindless scumbags should be dealt with severely. Bring back the birch, and use it for all to see; take pictures of these yobs and display them all over the borough for all to see. If the clubs were closed down earlier it would make no difference - drugs would still be taken, alcohol would still be consumed in large quantities because it would have been bought in advance. The only deterrent is for REAL police to deal with them severely - lock them all away and throw away the key, and keep them out of normal society, because they're not normal.
We should have proper police in Epping and surrounding areas, not PCSOs who have no power. Also, these mindless scumbags should be dealt with severely. Bring back the birch, and use it for all to see; take pictures of these yobs and display them all over the borough for all to see. If the clubs were closed down earlier it would make no difference - drugs would still be taken, alcohol would still be consumed in large quantities because it would have been bought in advance. The only deterrent is for REAL police to deal with them severely - lock them all away and throw away the key, and keep them out of normal society, because they're not normal. barbara levine

1:19am Thu 1 Oct 09

NU BAR LOUGHTON says...

Do not put all late night venues in the same category....NU BAR can boast a safety record, which could be backed up by the police ,that is better than most pubs in this district.
At NU bar i employ 5 doorstaff every friday and saturday compared to other venues the same size in the area which may have 2 max....not to stop trouble but to mantain a safe venue for local people. My security bill is close to £2000 a week and is a magor factor in my bar's success. You cannot stop trouble altogether as society has it's problem people...but it is how venues deter and manage these individuals.
I regularly liase with Police and council at PUBWATCH ....unfortunately there are regular disturbances near my venue , unrelated to my premises as the only cab station in loughton high rd is 30 yds from NU BAR !.....yet hundreds of people congregate there from 3 late night venues trying to get home
Do not put all late night venues in the same category....NU BAR can boast a safety record, which could be backed up by the police ,that is better than most pubs in this district. At NU bar i employ 5 doorstaff every friday and saturday compared to other venues the same size in the area which may have 2 max....not to stop trouble but to mantain a safe venue for local people. My security bill is close to £2000 a week and is a magor factor in my bar's success. You cannot stop trouble altogether as society has it's problem people...but it is how venues deter and manage these individuals. I regularly liase with Police and council at PUBWATCH ....unfortunately there are regular disturbances near my venue , unrelated to my premises as the only cab station in loughton high rd is 30 yds from NU BAR !.....yet hundreds of people congregate there from 3 late night venues trying to get home NU BAR LOUGHTON

10:52am Thu 1 Oct 09

Johnny Boy says...

If your security is as good as you boast then why don't you address the open cocaine snorting that goes on in the Gents lavatory which I have witnessed myself each and every time I visited your Bar. But then if you did that you would end up with half your customers being barred and thats bad for business isn't it !!!
If your security is as good as you boast then why don't you address the open cocaine snorting that goes on in the Gents lavatory which I have witnessed myself each and every time I visited your Bar. But then if you did that you would end up with half your customers being barred and thats bad for business isn't it !!! Johnny Boy

12:04pm Thu 1 Oct 09

NU BAR LOUGHTON says...

NU BAR DOES NOT 'OPENLY' ALLOW THE TAKING OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ANYWHERE ON ITS LICENSED PREMISES.......DOOR SECURITY STAFF CHECK THE TOILETS EVERY 10 MINS...........IN FACT 3 MONTHS AGO A POLICE OPERATION ON 5 VENUES IN LOUGHTON INCLUDING NU BAR , RESULTED IN NOT ONE PERSON BEING CAUGHT IN POSSESSION OR EVEN HAVING BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A SUBSTANCE...( THERE WAS 160 PEOPLE IN NU BAR AT THE TIME)
.
EVEN THE POLICE SAID THIS WAS AN AMAZING RESULT CONSIDERING THE STATISTICS OF PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE DRUG IN MODERN DAY SOCIETY.

ANY ISSUES YOU FEEL NEED ADDRESSING AT NU BAR FEEL FREE TO CALL MYSELF ADAM BROOKS ON 07909500755
NU BAR DOES NOT 'OPENLY' ALLOW THE TAKING OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ANYWHERE ON ITS LICENSED PREMISES.......DOOR SECURITY STAFF CHECK THE TOILETS EVERY 10 MINS...........IN FACT 3 MONTHS AGO A POLICE OPERATION ON 5 VENUES IN LOUGHTON INCLUDING NU BAR , RESULTED IN NOT ONE PERSON BEING CAUGHT IN POSSESSION OR EVEN HAVING BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A SUBSTANCE...( THERE WAS 160 PEOPLE IN NU BAR AT THE TIME) . EVEN THE POLICE SAID THIS WAS AN AMAZING RESULT CONSIDERING THE STATISTICS OF PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE DRUG IN MODERN DAY SOCIETY. ANY ISSUES YOU FEEL NEED ADDRESSING AT NU BAR FEEL FREE TO CALL MYSELF ADAM BROOKS ON 07909500755 NU BAR LOUGHTON

12:20pm Thu 1 Oct 09

Malcolm Yeoman says...

NU BAR LOUGHTON wrote:
NU BAR DOES NOT 'OPENLY' ALLOW THE TAKING OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ANYWHERE ON ITS LICENSED PREMISES.......DOOR SECURITY STAFF CHECK THE TOILETS EVERY 10 MINS...........IN FACT 3 MONTHS AGO A POLICE OPERATION ON 5 VENUES IN LOUGHTON INCLUDING NU BAR , RESULTED IN NOT ONE PERSON BEING CAUGHT IN POSSESSION OR EVEN HAVING BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A SUBSTANCE...( THERE WAS 160 PEOPLE IN NU BAR AT THE TIME)
.
EVEN THE POLICE SAID THIS WAS AN AMAZING RESULT CONSIDERING THE STATISTICS OF PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE DRUG IN MODERN DAY SOCIETY.

ANY ISSUES YOU FEEL NEED ADDRESSING AT NU BAR FEEL FREE TO CALL MYSELF ADAM BROOKS ON 07909500755
I think you do protest too much?

[quote][p][bold]NU BAR LOUGHTON[/bold] wrote: NU BAR DOES NOT 'OPENLY' ALLOW THE TAKING OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ANYWHERE ON ITS LICENSED PREMISES.......DOOR SECURITY STAFF CHECK THE TOILETS EVERY 10 MINS...........IN FACT 3 MONTHS AGO A POLICE OPERATION ON 5 VENUES IN LOUGHTON INCLUDING NU BAR , RESULTED IN NOT ONE PERSON BEING CAUGHT IN POSSESSION OR EVEN HAVING BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A SUBSTANCE...( THERE WAS 160 PEOPLE IN NU BAR AT THE TIME) . EVEN THE POLICE SAID THIS WAS AN AMAZING RESULT CONSIDERING THE STATISTICS OF PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE DRUG IN MODERN DAY SOCIETY. ANY ISSUES YOU FEEL NEED ADDRESSING AT NU BAR FEEL FREE TO CALL MYSELF ADAM BROOKS ON 07909500755[/p][/quote]I think you do protest too much? Malcolm Yeoman

12:25pm Thu 1 Oct 09

Johnny Boy says...

So what have I been seeing every time I visited your bar then ???

As for any issues that need addressing Mr Brooks I have already done that, I have no intention of calling you just to repeat myself !!!
So what have I been seeing every time I visited your bar then ??? As for any issues that need addressing Mr Brooks I have already done that, I have no intention of calling you just to repeat myself !!! Johnny Boy

1:13pm Thu 1 Oct 09

ConcernedofLoughton says...

I dont think there is a club in the land that has an open policy on drugs yet you go into some places and can clearly see by the way people are acting that they have been taking something. The drugs clearly get in there somehow!
I dont think there is a club in the land that has an open policy on drugs yet you go into some places and can clearly see by the way people are acting that they have been taking something. The drugs clearly get in there somehow! ConcernedofLoughton

1:45pm Thu 1 Oct 09

Morris Hickey says...

NU BAR LOUGHTON wrote:
NU BAR DOES NOT 'OPENLY' ALLOW THE TAKING OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ANYWHERE ON ITS LICENSED PREMISES.......DOOR SECURITY STAFF CHECK THE TOILETS EVERY 10 MINS...........IN FACT 3 MONTHS AGO A POLICE OPERATION ON 5 VENUES IN LOUGHTON INCLUDING NU BAR , RESULTED IN NOT ONE PERSON BEING CAUGHT IN POSSESSION OR EVEN HAVING BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A SUBSTANCE...( THERE WAS 160 PEOPLE IN NU BAR AT THE TIME) . EVEN THE POLICE SAID THIS WAS AN AMAZING RESULT CONSIDERING THE STATISTICS OF PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE DRUG IN MODERN DAY SOCIETY. ANY ISSUES YOU FEEL NEED ADDRESSING AT NU BAR FEEL FREE TO CALL MYSELF ADAM BROOKS ON 07909500755
"..... not one person being caught in possession....". Of course not! The two most important words are "in possession"! The users are probably cunning enough to stash their supply away somewhere on the premises. Did the fuzz bring a sniffer dog with them?
[quote][p][bold]NU BAR LOUGHTON[/bold] wrote: NU BAR DOES NOT 'OPENLY' ALLOW THE TAKING OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ANYWHERE ON ITS LICENSED PREMISES.......DOOR SECURITY STAFF CHECK THE TOILETS EVERY 10 MINS...........IN FACT 3 MONTHS AGO A POLICE OPERATION ON 5 VENUES IN LOUGHTON INCLUDING NU BAR , RESULTED IN NOT ONE PERSON BEING CAUGHT IN POSSESSION OR EVEN HAVING BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A SUBSTANCE...( THERE WAS 160 PEOPLE IN NU BAR AT THE TIME) . EVEN THE POLICE SAID THIS WAS AN AMAZING RESULT CONSIDERING THE STATISTICS OF PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE DRUG IN MODERN DAY SOCIETY. ANY ISSUES YOU FEEL NEED ADDRESSING AT NU BAR FEEL FREE TO CALL MYSELF ADAM BROOKS ON 07909500755[/p][/quote]"..... not one person being caught in possession....". Of course not! The two most important words are "in possession"! The users are probably cunning enough to stash their supply away somewhere on the premises. Did the fuzz bring a sniffer dog with them? Morris Hickey

2:07pm Thu 1 Oct 09

NU BAR LOUGHTON says...

The drugs operation which happened in Loughton covered 5 venues and there were 30 officers with 4 police sniffer dogs , they hit the front and back doors simultaneously and ALL inside were sniffed thoroughly by the dogs........next the whole premises including toilets and even behind the bar were sniffed by the 4 dogs
The handlers said to me even the tiniest amount of drugs would have been found immediately.
This puts pay to ' hearsay' and peoples opinions who just assume because it is a popular and busy place that it is rife with drugs.
Society today is the problem not the well run venues which get tarnished because of the minority that are run poor.
I am not stupid enough to think there are no drug takers that come in NU BAR but you would find this in your local village pub because its the way some people live now.....BUT it is the way venues tackle this problem ...Due diligence.
-I have 6 '' No drugs'' notices in and around my venue
-On the 5 plasma screens this flashes up every 3-4 minutes also
-regular patrols doorstaff and immediate ejection if anyone found to be using
As I said earlier on other thread I have barred all known troublemakers from the bar and because of this I am abused and threatened on a regular basis .......I take a stand against trouble and drugs and so did my father who was murdered at his pub tackling a drug gang in 1991.
That was 18 years ago.........
The drugs operation which happened in Loughton covered 5 venues and there were 30 officers with 4 police sniffer dogs , they hit the front and back doors simultaneously and ALL inside were sniffed thoroughly by the dogs........next the whole premises including toilets and even behind the bar were sniffed by the 4 dogs The handlers said to me even the tiniest amount of drugs would have been found immediately. This puts pay to ' hearsay' and peoples opinions who just assume because it is a popular and busy place that it is rife with drugs. Society today is the problem not the well run venues which get tarnished because of the minority that are run poor. I am not stupid enough to think there are no drug takers that come in NU BAR but you would find this in your local village pub because its the way some people live now.....BUT it is the way venues tackle this problem ...Due diligence. -I have 6 '' No drugs'' notices in and around my venue -On the 5 plasma screens this flashes up every 3-4 minutes also -regular patrols doorstaff and immediate ejection if anyone found to be using As I said earlier on other thread I have barred all known troublemakers from the bar and because of this I am abused and threatened on a regular basis .......I take a stand against trouble and drugs and so did my father who was murdered at his pub tackling a drug gang in 1991. That was 18 years ago......... NU BAR LOUGHTON

8:52pm Thu 1 Oct 09

Larry Green says...

Malcolm Yeoman wrote:
NU BAR LOUGHTON wrote: NU BAR DOES NOT 'OPENLY' ALLOW THE TAKING OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ANYWHERE ON ITS LICENSED PREMISES.......DOOR SECURITY STAFF CHECK THE TOILETS EVERY 10 MINS...........IN FACT 3 MONTHS AGO A POLICE OPERATION ON 5 VENUES IN LOUGHTON INCLUDING NU BAR , RESULTED IN NOT ONE PERSON BEING CAUGHT IN POSSESSION OR EVEN HAVING BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A SUBSTANCE...( THERE WAS 160 PEOPLE IN NU BAR AT THE TIME) . EVEN THE POLICE SAID THIS WAS AN AMAZING RESULT CONSIDERING THE STATISTICS OF PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE DRUG IN MODERN DAY SOCIETY. ANY ISSUES YOU FEEL NEED ADDRESSING AT NU BAR FEEL FREE TO CALL MYSELF ADAM BROOKS ON 07909500755
I think you do protest too much?
i think he has made a fair point, and has had the 'cojones' to put his telephone number on his posts, more than all of us who hide behind alias's and the like.

(m hickey aside of course )

by the way, the 'royal oak ph ' in forest road was also affectionately known as the royal coke for years,

if you throw enough mud at an area, some of it must stick eventually
[quote][p][bold]Malcolm Yeoman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NU BAR LOUGHTON[/bold] wrote: NU BAR DOES NOT 'OPENLY' ALLOW THE TAKING OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ANYWHERE ON ITS LICENSED PREMISES.......DOOR SECURITY STAFF CHECK THE TOILETS EVERY 10 MINS...........IN FACT 3 MONTHS AGO A POLICE OPERATION ON 5 VENUES IN LOUGHTON INCLUDING NU BAR , RESULTED IN NOT ONE PERSON BEING CAUGHT IN POSSESSION OR EVEN HAVING BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A SUBSTANCE...( THERE WAS 160 PEOPLE IN NU BAR AT THE TIME) . EVEN THE POLICE SAID THIS WAS AN AMAZING RESULT CONSIDERING THE STATISTICS OF PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE DRUG IN MODERN DAY SOCIETY. ANY ISSUES YOU FEEL NEED ADDRESSING AT NU BAR FEEL FREE TO CALL MYSELF ADAM BROOKS ON 07909500755[/p][/quote]I think you do protest too much? [/p][/quote]i think he has made a fair point, and has had the 'cojones' to put his telephone number on his posts, more than all of us who hide behind alias's and the like. (m hickey aside of course ) by the way, the 'royal oak ph ' in forest road was also affectionately known as the royal coke for years, if you throw enough mud at an area, some of it must stick eventually Larry Green

12:09am Fri 2 Oct 09

Johnny Boy says...

NU BAR LOUGHTON wrote:
NU BAR DOES NOT 'OPENLY' ALLOW THE TAKING OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ANYWHERE ON ITS LICENSED PREMISES.......DOOR SECURITY STAFF CHECK THE TOILETS EVERY 10 MINS...........IN FACT 3 MONTHS AGO A POLICE OPERATION ON 5 VENUES IN LOUGHTON INCLUDING NU BAR , RESULTED IN NOT ONE PERSON BEING CAUGHT IN POSSESSION OR EVEN HAVING BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A SUBSTANCE...( THERE WAS 160 PEOPLE IN NU BAR AT THE TIME) . EVEN THE POLICE SAID THIS WAS AN AMAZING RESULT CONSIDERING THE STATISTICS OF PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE DRUG IN MODERN DAY SOCIETY. ANY ISSUES YOU FEEL NEED ADDRESSING AT NU BAR FEEL FREE TO CALL MYSELF ADAM BROOKS ON 07909500755
Come now Mr Brooks, 5 venues including yours were targeted by the police, have you asked yourself why ???

The reason is that information about drug taking on your premises, like I have seen with my own eyes, has been passed to police and they have acted on that information accordingly.

You have stuck your head above the parapet and should expect to be shot at if you claim that drug taking does not take place on your premises to the extent that has warranted a police raid !!!

[quote][p][bold]NU BAR LOUGHTON[/bold] wrote: NU BAR DOES NOT 'OPENLY' ALLOW THE TAKING OF ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ANYWHERE ON ITS LICENSED PREMISES.......DOOR SECURITY STAFF CHECK THE TOILETS EVERY 10 MINS...........IN FACT 3 MONTHS AGO A POLICE OPERATION ON 5 VENUES IN LOUGHTON INCLUDING NU BAR , RESULTED IN NOT ONE PERSON BEING CAUGHT IN POSSESSION OR EVEN HAVING BEEN IN CONTACT WITH A SUBSTANCE...( THERE WAS 160 PEOPLE IN NU BAR AT THE TIME) . EVEN THE POLICE SAID THIS WAS AN AMAZING RESULT CONSIDERING THE STATISTICS OF PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE DRUG IN MODERN DAY SOCIETY. ANY ISSUES YOU FEEL NEED ADDRESSING AT NU BAR FEEL FREE TO CALL MYSELF ADAM BROOKS ON 07909500755[/p][/quote]Come now Mr Brooks, 5 venues including yours were targeted by the police, have you asked yourself why ??? The reason is that information about drug taking on your premises, like I have seen with my own eyes, has been passed to police and they have acted on that information accordingly. You have stuck your head above the parapet and should expect to be shot at if you claim that drug taking does not take place on your premises to the extent that has warranted a police raid !!! Johnny Boy

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree