Former Specials frontman Neville Staple will be appearing in Kingston this September - despite the cancellation of the Kingston Carnival.
Banquet Records, which booked the ska legend as the headline act before the annual carnival was controversially cancelled due to security concerns, has announced the show will go ahead regardless.
The Neville Staple Band will now appear at Banquet's weekly New Slang night at McClusky's nightclub on September 4 - three days earlier than the original carnival date.
The event - dubbed Long Live Kingston Carnival - will also feature carnival-related activities including a procession around the club, face-painting, a jerk chicken stall and a speech by John Azah, chairman of Kingston Carnival organisers Kingston Race and Equalities Council.
In a statement on its website, Banquet - whose manager Jon Tolley has been a vocal opponent of the decision to scrap the carnival - said the gig would be free to anyone who has signed the Save Kingston Carnival petition.
Cancelled: How the Surrey Comet reported the news of Kingston Carnival's cancellation on August 8
The statement said: "We're very disappointed that Kingston Carnival has been cancelled for 2014. We've been publicly and personally supportive of the Save Kingston Carnival campaign.
“As we'd already booked The Neville Staple Band we're moving as much of the day's runnings as possible across to New Slang just three days ahead of the planned date, in an event we're calling Long Live Kingston Carnival.
“In the spirit of the carnival vibe, we're keeping it free entry to anyone who has signed this online petition to Save Kingston Carnival.”
So far the petition has attracted just under 500 signatures.
Tickets to the Long Live Kingston Carnival show will be given out in advance.
Ticket holders who are found not have signed the petition will not be permitted entry to the event.