'Welcome to Poo Mews': Erith families fuming as sewage floods homes AGAIN

'Welcome to Poo Mews' .. again

'Welcome to Poo Mews' .. again

First published in News
Last updated
This Is Local London: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

Residents of Sandcliff Road in Erith were left distraught last night when raw sewage flooded their street and homes.

Fire crews and officials from Thames Water were called to the road to help with the clear-up operation.

By 6pm residents were left sweeping sewage from their driveways and some from inside of their homes.

This Is Local London:

Resident, Paul Seymour, aged 55, has dubbed the road 'poo mews'.

Mr Seymour said: "My wife was home around 30 minutes before me and the road was ankle deep in 'you know what'. 

"We've lived in Sandcliff Road over 20 years now and this is at least the 6th time this has happened."

Are you a resident of Sandcliff Road? Send your pictures to fiona.simpson@london.newsquest.co.uk or call 01689 885734 

Comments (5)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:57am Fri 15 Aug 14

Mr Goldfish says...

I wonder what's going to happen when the quarry and the old college site gets built on 1200 -1500 extra homes with a system what was at capacity 10-15 years ago, as it is the properties in Sandcliff road are blighted by the major spill a few years ago, most are rented as they don't sell - its not only the Sandcliff Road residents that suffer its homes in the surrounding area too - Thames water needs to pull there finger out they certainly have enough of our money to rectify the issues
I wonder what's going to happen when the quarry and the old college site gets built on 1200 -1500 extra homes with a system what was at capacity 10-15 years ago, as it is the properties in Sandcliff road are blighted by the major spill a few years ago, most are rented as they don't sell - its not only the Sandcliff Road residents that suffer its homes in the surrounding area too - Thames water needs to pull there finger out they certainly have enough of our money to rectify the issues Mr Goldfish
  • Score: 6

12:08pm Fri 15 Aug 14

gemmy says...

Mr Goldfish wrote:
I wonder what's going to happen when the quarry and the old college site gets built on 1200 -1500 extra homes with a system what was at capacity 10-15 years ago, as it is the properties in Sandcliff road are blighted by the major spill a few years ago, most are rented as they don't sell - its not only the Sandcliff Road residents that suffer its homes in the surrounding area too - Thames water needs to pull there finger out they certainly have enough of our money to rectify the issues
It's 700 homes going on the Quarry Site. I suggest going to the next consultation in September and raising this query direct to The Anderson Group
[quote][p][bold]Mr Goldfish[/bold] wrote: I wonder what's going to happen when the quarry and the old college site gets built on 1200 -1500 extra homes with a system what was at capacity 10-15 years ago, as it is the properties in Sandcliff road are blighted by the major spill a few years ago, most are rented as they don't sell - its not only the Sandcliff Road residents that suffer its homes in the surrounding area too - Thames water needs to pull there finger out they certainly have enough of our money to rectify the issues[/p][/quote]It's 700 homes going on the Quarry Site. I suggest going to the next consultation in September and raising this query direct to The Anderson Group gemmy
  • Score: 4

12:18pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Mr Goldfish says...

gemmy wrote:
Mr Goldfish wrote:
I wonder what's going to happen when the quarry and the old college site gets built on 1200 -1500 extra homes with a system what was at capacity 10-15 years ago, as it is the properties in Sandcliff road are blighted by the major spill a few years ago, most are rented as they don't sell - its not only the Sandcliff Road residents that suffer its homes in the surrounding area too - Thames water needs to pull there finger out they certainly have enough of our money to rectify the issues
It's 700 homes going on the Quarry Site. I suggest going to the next consultation in September and raising this query direct to The Anderson Group
I all ready have, there is the college site as well what is due to be redeveloped, as well as other area's prime for these developers to land bank, at the end of the day the council are just going to green flag it as it meets there targets and fills there pockets
[quote][p][bold]gemmy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr Goldfish[/bold] wrote: I wonder what's going to happen when the quarry and the old college site gets built on 1200 -1500 extra homes with a system what was at capacity 10-15 years ago, as it is the properties in Sandcliff road are blighted by the major spill a few years ago, most are rented as they don't sell - its not only the Sandcliff Road residents that suffer its homes in the surrounding area too - Thames water needs to pull there finger out they certainly have enough of our money to rectify the issues[/p][/quote]It's 700 homes going on the Quarry Site. I suggest going to the next consultation in September and raising this query direct to The Anderson Group[/p][/quote]I all ready have, there is the college site as well what is due to be redeveloped, as well as other area's prime for these developers to land bank, at the end of the day the council are just going to green flag it as it meets there targets and fills there pockets Mr Goldfish
  • Score: 2

3:17pm Fri 15 Aug 14

gemmy says...

Mr Goldfish wrote:
gemmy wrote:
Mr Goldfish wrote:
I wonder what's going to happen when the quarry and the old college site gets built on 1200 -1500 extra homes with a system what was at capacity 10-15 years ago, as it is the properties in Sandcliff road are blighted by the major spill a few years ago, most are rented as they don't sell - its not only the Sandcliff Road residents that suffer its homes in the surrounding area too - Thames water needs to pull there finger out they certainly have enough of our money to rectify the issues
It's 700 homes going on the Quarry Site. I suggest going to the next consultation in September and raising this query direct to The Anderson Group
I all ready have, there is the college site as well what is due to be redeveloped, as well as other area's prime for these developers to land bank, at the end of the day the council are just going to green flag it as it meets there targets and fills there pockets
The College site is for 200 homes. By my maths I make that 900, quite a few less than the 1200-1500 you have stated
[quote][p][bold]Mr Goldfish[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]gemmy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr Goldfish[/bold] wrote: I wonder what's going to happen when the quarry and the old college site gets built on 1200 -1500 extra homes with a system what was at capacity 10-15 years ago, as it is the properties in Sandcliff road are blighted by the major spill a few years ago, most are rented as they don't sell - its not only the Sandcliff Road residents that suffer its homes in the surrounding area too - Thames water needs to pull there finger out they certainly have enough of our money to rectify the issues[/p][/quote]It's 700 homes going on the Quarry Site. I suggest going to the next consultation in September and raising this query direct to The Anderson Group[/p][/quote]I all ready have, there is the college site as well what is due to be redeveloped, as well as other area's prime for these developers to land bank, at the end of the day the council are just going to green flag it as it meets there targets and fills there pockets[/p][/quote]The College site is for 200 homes. By my maths I make that 900, quite a few less than the 1200-1500 you have stated gemmy
  • Score: -2

2:44pm Sun 17 Aug 14

white rabbit9 says...

Told ya, the system cant put up with more people. Immigration was designed to put our system under pressure to breaking point. The British lead the way now the corporations need to destroy the 'sovereign'. Once Scotland go independant Britain 'corporations' will destroy the monarchy and all the constitution that people fought so hard for. constitution and corporations don't mix.
Told ya, the system cant put up with more people. Immigration was designed to put our system under pressure to breaking point. The British lead the way now the corporations need to destroy the 'sovereign'. Once Scotland go independant Britain 'corporations' will destroy the monarchy and all the constitution that people fought so hard for. constitution and corporations don't mix. white rabbit9
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree