FIRE crews were called to a number of flood-related incidents in Ruislip, Hillingdon and Northolt after heavy rain this morning.
About 20 houses in Bedford Road, Ruislip, were affected by localised flooding, with crews laying sandbags and clearing floodwater in the road.
Crews also rescued two women from a car stuck in flood water at South Ruislip station and another two people were rescued from a stranded car in Eastcote Avenue, Harrow.
Firefighters were also called to flooded property in Trevor Gardens, Ruislip, and in Spring Drive, Pinner and were still at the scene early this afternoon.
Other incidents include:
• Shenley Avenue, Ruislip. Car stuck in flood water.
• Northolt Road, Harrow. Flood water of up to a foot affecting ground-floor flat.
• Ruislip Manor Station. Cars stuck in flood water.
• Westfield Way, Ruislip. Flood water.
• Pembroke Road, Ruislip. Flood water.
• Clyfford Road, Ruislip. Flood water.
The brigade started to receive a high number of calls from 8am and most of the incidents were resolved by 10.30.
Tube services were affected with no service on the Metropolitan Line between Ruislip and Rayners Lane.
The A40 Western Avenue at Hillingdon was closed all morning because of flooding.