We all have bad habits behind the wheel, whether it’s shovelling down a Mars bar or listening to a truly dreadful guilty pleasure.
London parking app ParkJockey has surveyed 1,000 of the capitals drivers to come up with a top 10 of our worst habits behind the wheel, and there are a few surprises.
Unsurprisingly listening to a guilty pleasure and singing really loudly feature high up on the list, the only contention is whether you find them bad habits.
Among the more startling stats thrown up by the research are the revelations that MEN are twice as likely to tweeze their eyebrows and three times more likely to apply fake tan while driving than women.
Guys are also more likely to drive in their pants (8 per cent) and pick their nose (20 per cent).
ParkJockey co-founder Umut Tekin said: “Whilst most of us probably have one kind of bad habit or another it’s surprising to find out just what some people get up to whilst they’re behind the wheel.
“Still, whether you’re in pyjamas or picking your nose, ParkJockey helps ease the process of finding a parking space when you arrive at your destination.”
Here’s the list:
1. Eating food (47 per cent)
2. Singing really loudly (44 per cent)
3. Listening to a guilty pleasure (28 per cent)
4. Talking on the phone (21 per cent)
5. Driving barefoot (21 per cent)
6. Picking their nose (19 per cent)
7. Driving in pyjamas (18 per cent)
8. Driving in high-heels (15 per cent)
9. Updating Facebook status (12 per cent)
10. Taking a selfie (11 per cent)
Get ParkJockey on the App Store or Google Play.