Carbon monoxide caused death of Zane Gbangbola, tests reveal

This Is Local London: Monoxide poisoning: Zane Gbangbola Monoxide poisoning: Zane Gbangbola

A Weybridge schoolboy who died during flooding earlier this year was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning, toxicology tests revealed.

Zane Gbangbola, seven, from Chertsey, died in hospital after suffering cardiac arrest at his home on February 8.

His parents were also taken to hospital after becoming ill, with his father left paralysed from the waist down.

A post-mortem examination carried out earlier this year was unable to find a cause of death of the St George’s Junior School pupil, but the further tests gave a result of carbon monoxide intoxication.

A petrol-driven pump was seized from inside the family home at the time of Zane’s death and Surrey Police said they were carrying out further enquiries to establish whether there is any liability or criminal offences from the company who provided the pump.

An inquest into Zane’s death will be carried out by the coroner for Surrey in due course.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:46pm Tue 10 Jun 14

ellaoates says...

There is no cause of death for Zane and many questions remain unanswered before a cause of death can be given. The inquest is awaited. Misleading headlines do not assist the search for the truth.
The blood tests on the family showed hydrogen cyanide, the fire services crew confirmed pockets of hydrogen cyanide were found in the house. Plus the police evacuated neighbouring houses and took them to hospital for tests and observations. Carbon Monoxide does not travel from house to house!? Also there is no toxicology result confirming carbon monoxide in the family or carbon monoxide in their home (they had a fully working carbon monoxide detector in their house that was not activated). There are many questions still to be answered before cause of death can be determined. Please help us get the truth, sign up and share to get an open and truthful debate in parliament https://you.38degree
s.org.uk/petitions/c
all-for-a-public-deb
ate-into-the-death-o
f-7-year-old-zane
There is no cause of death for Zane and many questions remain unanswered before a cause of death can be given. The inquest is awaited. Misleading headlines do not assist the search for the truth. The blood tests on the family showed hydrogen cyanide, the fire services crew confirmed pockets of hydrogen cyanide were found in the house. Plus the police evacuated neighbouring houses and took them to hospital for tests and observations. Carbon Monoxide does not travel from house to house!? Also there is no toxicology result confirming carbon monoxide in the family or carbon monoxide in their home (they had a fully working carbon monoxide detector in their house that was not activated). There are many questions still to be answered before cause of death can be determined. Please help us get the truth, sign up and share to get an open and truthful debate in parliament https://you.38degree s.org.uk/petitions/c all-for-a-public-deb ate-into-the-death-o f-7-year-old-zane ellaoates
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree