Ibrahim Abdullah-Hassan of Walthamstow has been jailed for three years for encouraging terrorism and disseminating terrorist material

Friend of Lee Rigby killer jailed for terror offences

Abdullah-Hassan called for the support of violent "jihad" and had links to Anjem Choudary

Hussain recorded the lecture "Signs of a good death" to identify 20 ways a Muslim can die for Allah

First published in News This Is Local London: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A British Muslim with links to one of Fusilier Lee Rigby's murderers has been jailed for inciting terrorism.

Ibrahim Abdullah-Hassan, 28, of Carr Road in Walthamstow, and Shah Jalal Hussain, 31, of Cannon Street Road, in Whitechapel, were both sentenced to three years behind bars at the Old Bailey yesterday.

The pair who previously denied publishing lectures calling for a holy war against the West admitted to encouraging terrorism and disseminating terrorist material on March 24.

Abdullah-Hassan, also known as Abu Nusaybeh, was arrested on May 24 last year immediately following an interview on BBC Newsnight during which he claimed his friend, killer Michael Adebolajo, had been offered a job by MI5.

Searches were carried out at the Walthamstow and Whitechapel addresses by the Metropolitan Police Counter Terrorism Unit and he was charged on May 31, together with Hussain on June 5. 

The 28 year-old father-of-two and Hussain had previously been involved with the Islamic extremist group al-Muhajiroun, led by controversial radical cleric Anjem Choudary of Walthamstow.

Both men shared video lectures through a website they shared and uploaded them to YouTube calling for Muslims to engage physically in violent "jihad" and support "jihad" financially.

Police were aware of at least five audio files which carried violent extremist material and were uploaded to the internet in November 2012 including lectures by 'Abu Nusaynah' entitled "In Pursuit of Allah's Governance on Earth".

Under the pseudonym of Abu Muwahhid, Hussain identified 20 ways in which a Muslim can die for Allah and be assured of a place in paradise.

Terrorism commander Duncan Ball said the men had posted material online which "clearly had the potential to incite terrorism and in doing so put public at risk."

He added: "This case underlines our commitment and ability to tackle those who support and encourage terrorism by whatever means they use."

In February, Adebolajo, 29, was jailed for a minimum of 45 years for the murder of Fusilier Rigby in a Woolwich street on May 22 2013.

Comments (15)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:47pm Sat 7 Jun 14

Villagecranberry says...

Great job, shame these terrorists are not locked up for life or better still strung up.
Great job, shame these terrorists are not locked up for life or better still strung up. Villagecranberry
  • Score: 11

3:32pm Sat 7 Jun 14

tillytrotter says...

3 years the tax payer has to pay for keeping this low life SCUM he wants to be a terrorist deport him to a terrorist country not ENGLAND. To destroy a family and take their son, father, brother, uncle and friend is despicable.
3 years the tax payer has to pay for keeping this low life SCUM he wants to be a terrorist deport him to a terrorist country not ENGLAND. To destroy a family and take their son, father, brother, uncle and friend is despicable. tillytrotter
  • Score: 14

5:41pm Sat 7 Jun 14

stickmanny says...

Yes, but which 'terrorist country' do you suggest? The United States? Israel? Maybe the UK is appropriate given our recent illegal war on Iraq?
Yes, but which 'terrorist country' do you suggest? The United States? Israel? Maybe the UK is appropriate given our recent illegal war on Iraq? stickmanny
  • Score: -12

7:26pm Sat 7 Jun 14

Villagecranberry says...

stickmanny wrote:
Yes, but which 'terrorist country' do you suggest? The United States? Israel? Maybe the UK is appropriate given our recent illegal war on Iraq?
Your usually trolling self Stickmanny, you would defend Hitler no doubt.
[quote][p][bold]stickmanny[/bold] wrote: Yes, but which 'terrorist country' do you suggest? The United States? Israel? Maybe the UK is appropriate given our recent illegal war on Iraq?[/p][/quote]Your usually trolling self Stickmanny, you would defend Hitler no doubt. Villagecranberry
  • Score: 2

8:28pm Sat 7 Jun 14

Villagecranberry says...

tillytrotter wrote:
3 years the tax payer has to pay for keeping this low life SCUM he wants to be a terrorist deport him to a terrorist country not ENGLAND. To destroy a family and take their son, father, brother, uncle and friend is despicable.
I worry about the likes of Fred Wigg and John Walsh Towers.
[quote][p][bold]tillytrotter[/bold] wrote: 3 years the tax payer has to pay for keeping this low life SCUM he wants to be a terrorist deport him to a terrorist country not ENGLAND. To destroy a family and take their son, father, brother, uncle and friend is despicable.[/p][/quote]I worry about the likes of Fred Wigg and John Walsh Towers. Villagecranberry
  • Score: -2

8:46pm Sat 7 Jun 14

stickmanny says...

Villagecranberry wrote:
stickmanny wrote:
Yes, but which 'terrorist country' do you suggest? The United States? Israel? Maybe the UK is appropriate given our recent illegal war on Iraq?
Your usually trolling self Stickmanny, you would defend Hitler no doubt.
There's your 'no doubt' again.

Hitler cared nothing for the rule of law so shares that with Israel (occupation), and the US & UK (illegal war). Tell me that's not true and you'd be lying.
[quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stickmanny[/bold] wrote: Yes, but which 'terrorist country' do you suggest? The United States? Israel? Maybe the UK is appropriate given our recent illegal war on Iraq?[/p][/quote]Your usually trolling self Stickmanny, you would defend Hitler no doubt.[/p][/quote]There's your 'no doubt' again. Hitler cared nothing for the rule of law so shares that with Israel (occupation), and the US & UK (illegal war). Tell me that's not true and you'd be lying. stickmanny
  • Score: 3

11:45pm Sat 7 Jun 14

Villagecranberry says...

stickmanny wrote:
Villagecranberry wrote:
stickmanny wrote:
Yes, but which 'terrorist country' do you suggest? The United States? Israel? Maybe the UK is appropriate given our recent illegal war on Iraq?
Your usually trolling self Stickmanny, you would defend Hitler no doubt.
There's your 'no doubt' again.

Hitler cared nothing for the rule of law so shares that with Israel (occupation), and the US & UK (illegal war). Tell me that's not true and you'd be lying.
You would defend the Devil as you are a true troll, like I say. You defend the indefensible. You will not con me with your diatribe, try it on old ladies.
[quote][p][bold]stickmanny[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stickmanny[/bold] wrote: Yes, but which 'terrorist country' do you suggest? The United States? Israel? Maybe the UK is appropriate given our recent illegal war on Iraq?[/p][/quote]Your usually trolling self Stickmanny, you would defend Hitler no doubt.[/p][/quote]There's your 'no doubt' again. Hitler cared nothing for the rule of law so shares that with Israel (occupation), and the US & UK (illegal war). Tell me that's not true and you'd be lying.[/p][/quote]You would defend the Devil as you are a true troll, like I say. You defend the indefensible. You will not con me with your diatribe, try it on old ladies. Villagecranberry
  • Score: -8

11:00am Sun 8 Jun 14

Bunty says...

This man is only the tip of the iceberg, he has been treated with "kid gloves" as all like him are, there are thousands like him in London - most in E London!
I knew Fred Wigg, John Walsh and Frank Marshal in the days before the rot set in and this man and his cohorts took over! Get the rot out, don't let them out, bring back hanging!
This man is only the tip of the iceberg, he has been treated with "kid gloves" as all like him are, there are thousands like him in London - most in E London! I knew Fred Wigg, John Walsh and Frank Marshal in the days before the rot set in and this man and his cohorts took over! Get the rot out, don't let them out, bring back hanging! Bunty
  • Score: 8

11:15am Sun 8 Jun 14

Villagecranberry says...

stickmanny wrote:
Villagecranberry wrote:
stickmanny wrote:
Yes, but which 'terrorist country' do you suggest? The United States? Israel? Maybe the UK is appropriate given our recent illegal war on Iraq?
Your usually trolling self Stickmanny, you would defend Hitler no doubt.
There's your 'no doubt' again.

Hitler cared nothing for the rule of law so shares that with Israel (occupation), and the US & UK (illegal war). Tell me that's not true and you'd be lying.
You are supporting the ethos adopted by the murderers of Lee Rigby, you are a disgrace and a treatcherous idiot.
[quote][p][bold]stickmanny[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stickmanny[/bold] wrote: Yes, but which 'terrorist country' do you suggest? The United States? Israel? Maybe the UK is appropriate given our recent illegal war on Iraq?[/p][/quote]Your usually trolling self Stickmanny, you would defend Hitler no doubt.[/p][/quote]There's your 'no doubt' again. Hitler cared nothing for the rule of law so shares that with Israel (occupation), and the US & UK (illegal war). Tell me that's not true and you'd be lying.[/p][/quote]You are supporting the ethos adopted by the murderers of Lee Rigby, you are a disgrace and a treatcherous idiot. Villagecranberry
  • Score: 2

7:18pm Sun 8 Jun 14

stickmanny says...

You made my year with that. I successfully baited the site troll.

Stand by every word though, not that you read/understood it.
You made my year with that. I successfully baited the site troll. Stand by every word though, not that you read/understood it. stickmanny
  • Score: 1

8:22pm Sun 8 Jun 14

Villagecranberry says...

stickmanny wrote:
You made my year with that. I successfully baited the site troll.

Stand by every word though, not that you read/understood it.
I do not believe you. On reflection you probably realise how stupid you are, 'joking' with such a delicate and tragic subject. How sad you can jest with the memory of that poor lad Lee Rigby, you should be ashamed of yourself.

If this is how low you have to stoop to make a point you should hang your head in shame. You are not 'baiting' me, you outraging public decency.
[quote][p][bold]stickmanny[/bold] wrote: You made my year with that. I successfully baited the site troll. Stand by every word though, not that you read/understood it.[/p][/quote]I do not believe you. On reflection you probably realise how stupid you are, 'joking' with such a delicate and tragic subject. How sad you can jest with the memory of that poor lad Lee Rigby, you should be ashamed of yourself. If this is how low you have to stoop to make a point you should hang your head in shame. You are not 'baiting' me, you outraging public decency. Villagecranberry
  • Score: 4

4:43pm Tue 10 Jun 14

Stevo98 says...

Villagecranberry wrote:
stickmanny wrote:
You made my year with that. I successfully baited the site troll.

Stand by every word though, not that you read/understood it.
I do not believe you. On reflection you probably realise how stupid you are, 'joking' with such a delicate and tragic subject. How sad you can jest with the memory of that poor lad Lee Rigby, you should be ashamed of yourself.

If this is how low you have to stoop to make a point you should hang your head in shame. You are not 'baiting' me, you outraging public decency.
This from the poster who used the story about a man losing an eye in McDonalds to boast about his property empire and hijacked a story about Trading Standards removing a shop's drinks license to spout anti-muslim prejudice, now deleted.

village cranberry has a lot in common with Rigby's killers. Both racist vermin.
[quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stickmanny[/bold] wrote: You made my year with that. I successfully baited the site troll. Stand by every word though, not that you read/understood it.[/p][/quote]I do not believe you. On reflection you probably realise how stupid you are, 'joking' with such a delicate and tragic subject. How sad you can jest with the memory of that poor lad Lee Rigby, you should be ashamed of yourself. If this is how low you have to stoop to make a point you should hang your head in shame. You are not 'baiting' me, you outraging public decency.[/p][/quote]This from the poster who used the story about a man losing an eye in McDonalds to boast about his property empire and hijacked a story about Trading Standards removing a shop's drinks license to spout anti-muslim prejudice, now deleted. village cranberry has a lot in common with Rigby's killers. Both racist vermin. Stevo98
  • Score: 0

8:51pm Tue 10 Jun 14

Villagecranberry says...

Stevo98 wrote:
Villagecranberry wrote:
stickmanny wrote:
You made my year with that. I successfully baited the site troll.

Stand by every word though, not that you read/understood it.
I do not believe you. On reflection you probably realise how stupid you are, 'joking' with such a delicate and tragic subject. How sad you can jest with the memory of that poor lad Lee Rigby, you should be ashamed of yourself.

If this is how low you have to stoop to make a point you should hang your head in shame. You are not 'baiting' me, you outraging public decency.
This from the poster who used the story about a man losing an eye in McDonalds to boast about his property empire and hijacked a story about Trading Standards removing a shop's drinks license to spout anti-muslim prejudice, now deleted.

village cranberry has a lot in common with Rigby's killers. Both racist vermin.
More bile, have you anything to say? If you think I'm racist go down the police station and report me you fool or shut up.

They will laugh you out of the police station you clown.
[quote][p][bold]Stevo98[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Villagecranberry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stickmanny[/bold] wrote: You made my year with that. I successfully baited the site troll. Stand by every word though, not that you read/understood it.[/p][/quote]I do not believe you. On reflection you probably realise how stupid you are, 'joking' with such a delicate and tragic subject. How sad you can jest with the memory of that poor lad Lee Rigby, you should be ashamed of yourself. If this is how low you have to stoop to make a point you should hang your head in shame. You are not 'baiting' me, you outraging public decency.[/p][/quote]This from the poster who used the story about a man losing an eye in McDonalds to boast about his property empire and hijacked a story about Trading Standards removing a shop's drinks license to spout anti-muslim prejudice, now deleted. village cranberry has a lot in common with Rigby's killers. Both racist vermin.[/p][/quote]More bile, have you anything to say? If you think I'm racist go down the police station and report me you fool or shut up. They will laugh you out of the police station you clown. Villagecranberry
  • Score: -1

11:45am Thu 12 Jun 14

stickmanny says...

We don't know your real name or your address. Please provide and we will happily inform the Police.

I look forward to your reply.
We don't know your real name or your address. Please provide and we will happily inform the Police. I look forward to your reply. stickmanny
  • Score: 0

2:02pm Thu 12 Jun 14

Villagecranberry says...

stickmanny wrote:
We don't know your real name or your address. Please provide and we will happily inform the Police.

I look forward to your reply.
If the police consider anything I have said to be offensive, racist or anything criminal, to warrant an investigation, I'm sure they will be able to contact me.

'Vot is your name?'
[quote][p][bold]stickmanny[/bold] wrote: We don't know your real name or your address. Please provide and we will happily inform the Police. I look forward to your reply.[/p][/quote]If the police consider anything I have said to be offensive, racist or anything criminal, to warrant an investigation, I'm sure they will be able to contact me. 'Vot is your name?' Villagecranberry
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree