TfL ticket inspector punched in face by three passengers on Deptford bus

Officers would like to speak to this person in connection with the incident

Officers would like to speak to this person in connection with the incident

Officers would like to speak to this person in connection with the incident

Officers would like to speak to this person in connection with the incident

Officers would like to speak to this person in connection with the incident

First published in News
Last updated
This Is Local London: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

Three bus passengers viciously attacked a ticket inspector in Deptford after he asked to check their tickets.

The victim, a 34-year-old man, was punched and received facial injuries on the 199 bus in Grove Street on January 3 at 6pm.

The TfL revenue protection inspector had asked to check the tickets of two men and a woman and police are now appealing for the public’s help.

One suspect is described as a white man, aged between 20 and 30, with a large build, very short dark hair with receding hair line, and wearing glasses.

The second suspect is believed to be a white woman aged between 20 and 30 with large build with a shoulder-length hair.

The third suspected assailant is a white man, aged between 20 and 30 years old, of medium build with short hair.

Anyone with information should call Detective Constable Karen Hagen on 0203 054 4569 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting the image reference numbers.

Comments (16)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:06am Tue 3 Jun 14

sarfflondonbird says...

Such brave little thuglettes aren't they?
Hope the victim is making a good recovery.
Words fail where scum bags like this are concerned, except I hope to see some decent and adequate sentencing dished out if and when caught, but I doubt it.
Such brave little thuglettes aren't they? Hope the victim is making a good recovery. Words fail where scum bags like this are concerned, except I hope to see some decent and adequate sentencing dished out if and when caught, but I doubt it. sarfflondonbird
  • Score: -14

9:35am Tue 3 Jun 14

white rabbit9 says...

My question has always been, has a bus inspector got any authority to stop and check to make sure you have paid? Even the police can't ask you to check a human being's ticket. I don't pay for the police to check tickets, I pay for the police to keep the peace. law vs legal. So people NO Violence, ask questions.
My question has always been, has a bus inspector got any authority to stop and check to make sure you have paid? Even the police can't ask you to check a human being's ticket. I don't pay for the police to check tickets, I pay for the police to keep the peace. law vs legal. So people NO Violence, ask questions. white rabbit9
  • Score: -22

12:41pm Tue 3 Jun 14

sarfflondonbird says...

white rabbit9 wrote:
My question has always been, has a bus inspector got any authority to stop and check to make sure you have paid? Even the police can't ask you to check a human being's ticket. I don't pay for the police to check tickets, I pay for the police to keep the peace. law vs legal. So people NO Violence, ask questions.
Perhaps if they were law abiding in the first place, they would have had no need to assault the inspector whilst doing what he gets paid to do. No doubt, it was probably because they had not been honest enough to purchase their fare or top up their oyster before boarding the bus that guilt must have struck in an "oh so familiar" way with these 'shirkers' who felt the need to lash out at the poor fella. Spineless sh1tes.
[quote][p][bold]white rabbit9[/bold] wrote: My question has always been, has a bus inspector got any authority to stop and check to make sure you have paid? Even the police can't ask you to check a human being's ticket. I don't pay for the police to check tickets, I pay for the police to keep the peace. law vs legal. So people NO Violence, ask questions.[/p][/quote]Perhaps if they were law abiding in the first place, they would have had no need to assault the inspector whilst doing what he gets paid to do. No doubt, it was probably because they had not been honest enough to purchase their fare or top up their oyster before boarding the bus that guilt must have struck in an "oh so familiar" way with these 'shirkers' who felt the need to lash out at the poor fella. Spineless sh1tes. sarfflondonbird
  • Score: -9

1:16pm Tue 3 Jun 14

white rabbit9 says...

sarfflondonbird wrote:
white rabbit9 wrote:
My question has always been, has a bus inspector got any authority to stop and check to make sure you have paid? Even the police can't ask you to check a human being's ticket. I don't pay for the police to check tickets, I pay for the police to keep the peace. law vs legal. So people NO Violence, ask questions.
Perhaps if they were law abiding in the first place, they would have had no need to assault the inspector whilst doing what he gets paid to do. No doubt, it was probably because they had not been honest enough to purchase their fare or top up their oyster before boarding the bus that guilt must have struck in an "oh so familiar" way with these 'shirkers' who felt the need to lash out at the poor fella. Spineless sh1tes.
I would be more compassionate, because the kids are having to be brought up into a world were things are changing so fast, where there is no room to breathe or move freely and the prospect's of having a career or just a job are almost null and void. I am not condoning their actions but blimey they are being so squeezed that lashing out is the only action to do when talking to robots. This is all planned and well thougt out long ago believe it or not. As the planet raises it's consciousness the system is having to do it's best to counteract the awakening. Things are gonna ge worse still s expect more trouble.
[quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]white rabbit9[/bold] wrote: My question has always been, has a bus inspector got any authority to stop and check to make sure you have paid? Even the police can't ask you to check a human being's ticket. I don't pay for the police to check tickets, I pay for the police to keep the peace. law vs legal. So people NO Violence, ask questions.[/p][/quote]Perhaps if they were law abiding in the first place, they would have had no need to assault the inspector whilst doing what he gets paid to do. No doubt, it was probably because they had not been honest enough to purchase their fare or top up their oyster before boarding the bus that guilt must have struck in an "oh so familiar" way with these 'shirkers' who felt the need to lash out at the poor fella. Spineless sh1tes.[/p][/quote]I would be more compassionate, because the kids are having to be brought up into a world were things are changing so fast, where there is no room to breathe or move freely and the prospect's of having a career or just a job are almost null and void. I am not condoning their actions but blimey they are being so squeezed that lashing out is the only action to do when talking to robots. This is all planned and well thougt out long ago believe it or not. As the planet raises it's consciousness the system is having to do it's best to counteract the awakening. Things are gonna ge worse still s expect more trouble. white rabbit9
  • Score: -26

1:25pm Tue 3 Jun 14

Love London Life says...

white rabbit9 wrote:
sarfflondonbird wrote:
white rabbit9 wrote:
My question has always been, has a bus inspector got any authority to stop and check to make sure you have paid? Even the police can't ask you to check a human being's ticket. I don't pay for the police to check tickets, I pay for the police to keep the peace. law vs legal. So people NO Violence, ask questions.
Perhaps if they were law abiding in the first place, they would have had no need to assault the inspector whilst doing what he gets paid to do. No doubt, it was probably because they had not been honest enough to purchase their fare or top up their oyster before boarding the bus that guilt must have struck in an "oh so familiar" way with these 'shirkers' who felt the need to lash out at the poor fella. Spineless sh1tes.
I would be more compassionate, because the kids are having to be brought up into a world were things are changing so fast, where there is no room to breathe or move freely and the prospect's of having a career or just a job are almost null and void. I am not condoning their actions but blimey they are being so squeezed that lashing out is the only action to do when talking to robots. This is all planned and well thougt out long ago believe it or not. As the planet raises it's consciousness the system is having to do it's best to counteract the awakening. Things are gonna ge worse still s expect more trouble.
What planet do you live on..... Every article on here gets a comment from Whiterabbit...... Please could you explain your reasoning behind such bull coming out as no one really gets your point
[quote][p][bold]white rabbit9[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]white rabbit9[/bold] wrote: My question has always been, has a bus inspector got any authority to stop and check to make sure you have paid? Even the police can't ask you to check a human being's ticket. I don't pay for the police to check tickets, I pay for the police to keep the peace. law vs legal. So people NO Violence, ask questions.[/p][/quote]Perhaps if they were law abiding in the first place, they would have had no need to assault the inspector whilst doing what he gets paid to do. No doubt, it was probably because they had not been honest enough to purchase their fare or top up their oyster before boarding the bus that guilt must have struck in an "oh so familiar" way with these 'shirkers' who felt the need to lash out at the poor fella. Spineless sh1tes.[/p][/quote]I would be more compassionate, because the kids are having to be brought up into a world were things are changing so fast, where there is no room to breathe or move freely and the prospect's of having a career or just a job are almost null and void. I am not condoning their actions but blimey they are being so squeezed that lashing out is the only action to do when talking to robots. This is all planned and well thougt out long ago believe it or not. As the planet raises it's consciousness the system is having to do it's best to counteract the awakening. Things are gonna ge worse still s expect more trouble.[/p][/quote]What planet do you live on..... Every article on here gets a comment from Whiterabbit...... Please could you explain your reasoning behind such bull coming out as no one really gets your point Love London Life
  • Score: -24

2:02pm Tue 3 Jun 14

white rabbit9 says...

What planet do you live on..... Every article on here gets a comment from Whiterabbit...... Please could you explain your reasoning behind such bull coming out as no one really gets your point

Precisely, what planet! There is only NOW NOW NOW, the past is gone and the future is yet to happen. As we understand how we humans have been maipulated big time the more the system is fighting back. It's taken me 20 years to understand the information and history of this manipulation so explaining it is useless to a concrete mind.

https://www.youtube.
com/watch?v=E0aKx2fD
_gc

This is going to get worse expect more.

Now the buses have stopped taking cash expect trouble with the buses as well.

Makes me laugh how manipulated most people have been about our queen. over the years kings and queens have been putting people under heavy taxation. 1215, magna carta was introduced to stop the kings and queens from taking the ****. That wasn't enough civil war broke out and luckily 1689 the bill of rights was enacted to stop the king and queen from taking the **** again. And we all bow to them like they are special! They are german and associated with hitler. My point being we have been manipulated so much that they stand there in plain sight with no fear because we are to stupid to know what they have done to us and are doing to us.
Their is a big awakening as we humans are taking back our power from the corrupt. Government was setup by the kings and queen. It's the queen that holds the power in this country not the government, the government work for the queen. And who's this god they get there commandments from I never met him/her to this day. Learn real history.
What planet do you live on..... Every article on here gets a comment from Whiterabbit...... Please could you explain your reasoning behind such bull coming out as no one really gets your point Precisely, what planet! There is only NOW NOW NOW, the past is gone and the future is yet to happen. As we understand how we humans have been maipulated big time the more the system is fighting back. It's taken me 20 years to understand the information and history of this manipulation so explaining it is useless to a concrete mind. https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=E0aKx2fD _gc This is going to get worse expect more. Now the buses have stopped taking cash expect trouble with the buses as well. Makes me laugh how manipulated most people have been about our queen. over the years kings and queens have been putting people under heavy taxation. 1215, magna carta was introduced to stop the kings and queens from taking the ****. That wasn't enough civil war broke out and luckily 1689 the bill of rights was enacted to stop the king and queen from taking the **** again. And we all bow to them like they are special! They are german and associated with hitler. My point being we have been manipulated so much that they stand there in plain sight with no fear because we are to stupid to know what they have done to us and are doing to us. Their is a big awakening as we humans are taking back our power from the corrupt. Government was setup by the kings and queen. It's the queen that holds the power in this country not the government, the government work for the queen. And who's this god they get there commandments from I never met him/her to this day. Learn real history. white rabbit9
  • Score: -18

2:39pm Tue 3 Jun 14

R_U_Serious says...

Nurse! White Rabbit's not taking his meds again....
Nurse! White Rabbit's not taking his meds again.... R_U_Serious
  • Score: -14

2:54pm Tue 3 Jun 14

Gypo.Joe says...

Cuckoooooo Matron.

Matron cuckoooooooooooooooo
ooooo WR9.
Cuckoooooo Matron. Matron cuckoooooooooooooooo ooooo WR9. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: 73

3:34pm Tue 3 Jun 14

reasonable75 says...

People are expected to pay (either cash, Oyster or whatever) to travel on buses etc)

If they don't then the rest of us end up paying through higher fares

To check TFL employ people to make sure those who travel pay. Whether or not in WR's opinion they are legally allowed to do so, does it give fare dodgers the right to assault them?
People are expected to pay (either cash, Oyster or whatever) to travel on buses etc) If they don't then the rest of us end up paying through higher fares To check TFL employ people to make sure those who travel pay. Whether or not in WR's opinion they are legally allowed to do so, does it give fare dodgers the right to assault them? reasonable75
  • Score: -32

3:41pm Tue 3 Jun 14

white rabbit9 says...

Like i said CONCRETE MINDS
Like i said CONCRETE MINDS white rabbit9
  • Score: -41

8:47am Wed 4 Jun 14

PaulErith says...

white rabbit9 wrote:
Like i said CONCRETE MINDS
White Rabbit = Hypocritical. Every article goes on about any one who uses money, works for money, has money is a slave/evil, etc. However, it's obvious that he has money but will never say what he does for a living or how he get his money. Can only assume that he also works and uses cash, hence rendering everything he says hypocritical.
[quote][p][bold]white rabbit9[/bold] wrote: Like i said CONCRETE MINDS[/p][/quote]White Rabbit = Hypocritical. Every article goes on about any one who uses money, works for money, has money is a slave/evil, etc. However, it's obvious that he has money but will never say what he does for a living or how he get his money. Can only assume that he also works and uses cash, hence rendering everything he says hypocritical. PaulErith
  • Score: -8

11:08am Wed 4 Jun 14

the wall says...

PaulErith wrote:
white rabbit9 wrote:
Like i said CONCRETE MINDS
White Rabbit = Hypocritical. Every article goes on about any one who uses money, works for money, has money is a slave/evil, etc. However, it's obvious that he has money but will never say what he does for a living or how he get his money. Can only assume that he also works and uses cash, hence rendering everything he says hypocritical.
A conforming non-conformist.
[quote][p][bold]PaulErith[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]white rabbit9[/bold] wrote: Like i said CONCRETE MINDS[/p][/quote]White Rabbit = Hypocritical. Every article goes on about any one who uses money, works for money, has money is a slave/evil, etc. However, it's obvious that he has money but will never say what he does for a living or how he get his money. Can only assume that he also works and uses cash, hence rendering everything he says hypocritical.[/p][/quote]A conforming non-conformist. the wall
  • Score: -22

1:59am Thu 5 Jun 14

toomush2drink says...

WR9 asks if they can check peoples tickets ? Well of course they can as TFL provides the bus service and as part of those conditions of carriage one is you will provide a valid ticket for inspection when asked.

Its actually advertised on every bus in service, so what part dont you get ?

Ok that doesnt exactly get WR9's juices flowing as i have provided the proof he doesnt want to see or hear but hey it doesnt matter anyway does it because according to WR9 the end is coming anyway.
WR9 asks if they can check peoples tickets ? Well of course they can as TFL provides the bus service and as part of those conditions of carriage one is you will provide a valid ticket for inspection when asked. Its actually advertised on every bus in service, so what part dont you get ? Ok that doesnt exactly get WR9's juices flowing as i have provided the proof he doesnt want to see or hear but hey it doesnt matter anyway does it because according to WR9 the end is coming anyway. toomush2drink
  • Score: -17

1:15pm Sat 7 Jun 14

tellmethisdoesn'twork says...

White Rabbit9 does this to wind everyone up...
He or she or it doesn't have the mental ability to put together a sensible and structured discussion or argument as the utter poo that is coming from that direction has proven.

Oh, by the way, yes a ticket inspector on the buses, trams, river buses and railways have the authority under law to request and inspect a ticket. Suggest WR9 shuts the sphincter and actually looks for the relevant Bylaw that provides the authorisation.
White Rabbit9 does this to wind everyone up... He or she or it doesn't have the mental ability to put together a sensible and structured discussion or argument as the utter poo that is coming from that direction has proven. Oh, by the way, yes a ticket inspector on the buses, trams, river buses and railways have the authority under law to request and inspect a ticket. Suggest WR9 shuts the sphincter and actually looks for the relevant Bylaw that provides the authorisation. tellmethisdoesn'twork
  • Score: -17

12:05pm Mon 9 Jun 14

PaulErith says...

tellmethisdoesn'twor
k
wrote:
White Rabbit9 does this to wind everyone up...
He or she or it doesn't have the mental ability to put together a sensible and structured discussion or argument as the utter poo that is coming from that direction has proven.

Oh, by the way, yes a ticket inspector on the buses, trams, river buses and railways have the authority under law to request and inspect a ticket. Suggest WR9 shuts the sphincter and actually looks for the relevant Bylaw that provides the authorisation.
Yep, I like a sensible debate and even though I think most of what comes out of WR9 is rubbish, I'll try to engage in a sensible discussion. However, you're right that if you actually put together a good argument to counter something he's said, you'll get no reply or just an insult. WR9's true colours shine through.

He's tried this argument about ticket inspector before and it's complete tosh. You pay for a service, so you abide by their conditions. It's very simple. If you don't like the conditions or don't wish to abide by them, then don't consume the service. He doesn't quite see that! I do hope that WR9 actually tries out some of his theories. When the police get called because he's kicking off with an inspector, I wonder how far he'll get quoting irrelevant theories and laws?
[quote][p][bold]tellmethisdoesn'twor k[/bold] wrote: White Rabbit9 does this to wind everyone up... He or she or it doesn't have the mental ability to put together a sensible and structured discussion or argument as the utter poo that is coming from that direction has proven. Oh, by the way, yes a ticket inspector on the buses, trams, river buses and railways have the authority under law to request and inspect a ticket. Suggest WR9 shuts the sphincter and actually looks for the relevant Bylaw that provides the authorisation.[/p][/quote]Yep, I like a sensible debate and even though I think most of what comes out of WR9 is rubbish, I'll try to engage in a sensible discussion. However, you're right that if you actually put together a good argument to counter something he's said, you'll get no reply or just an insult. WR9's true colours shine through. He's tried this argument about ticket inspector before and it's complete tosh. You pay for a service, so you abide by their conditions. It's very simple. If you don't like the conditions or don't wish to abide by them, then don't consume the service. He doesn't quite see that! I do hope that WR9 actually tries out some of his theories. When the police get called because he's kicking off with an inspector, I wonder how far he'll get quoting irrelevant theories and laws? PaulErith
  • Score: -18

11:01pm Mon 9 Jun 14

Marty1979 says...

If he's so sure of his facts why doesn't he get on a bus/train/tube/tram without paying then try arguing in court
If he's so sure of his facts why doesn't he get on a bus/train/tube/tram without paying then try arguing in court Marty1979
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree