UPDATE Woolwich attack: Protests ahead of Lee Rigby murderers' sentencing

Woolwich attack: Protests ahead of Lee Rigby murderers' sentencing

Woolwich attack: Protests ahead of Lee Rigby murderers' sentencing

First published in News
Last updated
This Is Local London: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

There were protestors with nooses chanting outside the Old Bailey today (Feb 26) ahead of the sentencing of Lee Rigby's killers.

Judge Justice Sweeney has retired to consider his sentence which is expected at around 4.30pm today.

Prosecuting, Richard Whittam called for the judge to give the killers whole life terms and spoke of the impact on the soldier's family.

He said: "All their lives have been irrevocably changed for the worst."

In a victim impact statement by Mr Rigby's widow Rebecca she said: "I was so much in the public gaze, I couldnt go anywhere or do anything. I felt like I didn't want to go on."

She went on to say the worst thing was her son Jack will grow up with those public images of his father.

She added: "Lee will never be forgotten. We will always love him and miss him everyday."

Speaking against a whole life ruling David Gottlieb, defending Adebolajo, said: "The ddefendant is not so deprived of all human dignity that he has no possibility of atonement in the future."

Calling for a more lenient sentence for Adebowale, Abbas Lakha added that such a sentence would be "inhuman, extinguishing any hope of release."

Comments (18)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:58pm Wed 26 Feb 14

SidcupResident says...

I totally agree with the protestors that capital punishment should be reintroduced.

A lot of children would be alive today if cowardly kiddie fiddlers knew they were facing the gallows instead of a life of luxury in one of her majesty's holiday camps.

http://epetitions.di
rect.gov.uk/petition
s/53329

There's only a few petitions regarding capital punishment on the government website. Most tend to be pulled down quite quickly as when they hit 10,000 signatures, the government has to give a response. The response to this would be that the EU would never allow the death penalty, as it would infringe the 'Human Rights' of kiddie fiddlers. The human rights of children don't get the slightest consideration.

But what do we expect when we have the Labour Party supporting and even funding Paedophile groups!

http://www.dailymail
.co.uk/news/article-
2568232/Harman-Hewit
t-never-tried-kick-d
idnt-want-rock-boat-
protect-careers-clai
ms-child-abuser-ex-l
eader-Paedophile-Inf
ormation-Exchange.ht
ml

http://www.dailymail
.co.uk/news/article-
2567999/Labour-MP-ca
lls-probe-state-cash
-Paedophile-Informat
ion-Exchange-claims-
files-prove-received
-taxpayers-money-shr
edded.html

www.Labour25.com
I totally agree with the protestors that capital punishment should be reintroduced. A lot of children would be alive today if cowardly kiddie fiddlers knew they were facing the gallows instead of a life of luxury in one of her majesty's holiday camps. http://epetitions.di rect.gov.uk/petition s/53329 There's only a few petitions regarding capital punishment on the government website. Most tend to be pulled down quite quickly as when they hit 10,000 signatures, the government has to give a response. The response to this would be that the EU would never allow the death penalty, as it would infringe the 'Human Rights' of kiddie fiddlers. The human rights of children don't get the slightest consideration. But what do we expect when we have the Labour Party supporting and even funding Paedophile groups! http://www.dailymail .co.uk/news/article- 2568232/Harman-Hewit t-never-tried-kick-d idnt-want-rock-boat- protect-careers-clai ms-child-abuser-ex-l eader-Paedophile-Inf ormation-Exchange.ht ml http://www.dailymail .co.uk/news/article- 2567999/Labour-MP-ca lls-probe-state-cash -Paedophile-Informat ion-Exchange-claims- files-prove-received -taxpayers-money-shr edded.html www.Labour25.com SidcupResident
  • Score: 30

3:39pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Lols says...

What I don’t understand is the biased views of the protesters.
The only reason they are there is because it was an extremist, Islamic killing. Would they, or have they shown their faces at another sentencing? probably not.

The problem with the EDL (assuming this is the EDL!) that the majority are knuckle-headed sheeple.

Most of them just go with the crowd, and have no real reason or intelligent explanation why they are fighting for their cause.

I don’t necessarily agree with the EDL, however I have do have respect for anyone who can argue their point, with knowledge and without ignorance.
I am yet to meet an EDL member who can do this, and seem to embarrass themselves- a lot!

I disagree with capital punishment for these scum bags, firstly because that would make them martyrs, heroes- it’s what they want.

Solitary confinement, a life of utter hell and misery is more punishment than death, IMO.
What I don’t understand is the biased views of the protesters. The only reason they are there is because it was an extremist, Islamic killing. Would they, or have they shown their faces at another sentencing? probably not. The problem with the EDL (assuming this is the EDL!) that the majority are knuckle-headed sheeple. Most of them just go with the crowd, and have no real reason or intelligent explanation why they are fighting for their cause. I don’t necessarily agree with the EDL, however I have do have respect for anyone who can argue their point, with knowledge and without ignorance. I am yet to meet an EDL member who can do this, and seem to embarrass themselves- a lot! I disagree with capital punishment for these scum bags, firstly because that would make them martyrs, heroes- it’s what they want. Solitary confinement, a life of utter hell and misery is more punishment than death, IMO. Lols
  • Score: 5

4:27pm Wed 26 Feb 14

SidcupResident says...

Lols wrote:
What I don’t understand is the biased views of the protesters.
The only reason they are there is because it was an extremist, Islamic killing. Would they, or have they shown their faces at another sentencing? probably not.

The problem with the EDL (assuming this is the EDL!) that the majority are knuckle-headed sheeple.

Most of them just go with the crowd, and have no real reason or intelligent explanation why they are fighting for their cause.

I don’t necessarily agree with the EDL, however I have do have respect for anyone who can argue their point, with knowledge and without ignorance.
I am yet to meet an EDL member who can do this, and seem to embarrass themselves- a lot!

I disagree with capital punishment for these scum bags, firstly because that would make them martyrs, heroes- it’s what they want.

Solitary confinement, a life of utter hell and misery is more punishment than death, IMO.
In their defence I believe those groups attend the sentencing of child killers as well, hence the death penalty placards.

On the contrary you could say that the UAF are only there because it's two of their supporters being sentenced.

I understand what you're saying about life sentences but solitary confinement for life will never be permitted by the EU. Also is it worth spending circa £50k a year detaining someone when that money could be spent on something better like our underfunded children's hospitals and hospices?
[quote][p][bold]Lols[/bold] wrote: What I don’t understand is the biased views of the protesters. The only reason they are there is because it was an extremist, Islamic killing. Would they, or have they shown their faces at another sentencing? probably not. The problem with the EDL (assuming this is the EDL!) that the majority are knuckle-headed sheeple. Most of them just go with the crowd, and have no real reason or intelligent explanation why they are fighting for their cause. I don’t necessarily agree with the EDL, however I have do have respect for anyone who can argue their point, with knowledge and without ignorance. I am yet to meet an EDL member who can do this, and seem to embarrass themselves- a lot! I disagree with capital punishment for these scum bags, firstly because that would make them martyrs, heroes- it’s what they want. Solitary confinement, a life of utter hell and misery is more punishment than death, IMO.[/p][/quote]In their defence I believe those groups attend the sentencing of child killers as well, hence the death penalty placards. On the contrary you could say that the UAF are only there because it's two of their supporters being sentenced. I understand what you're saying about life sentences but solitary confinement for life will never be permitted by the EU. Also is it worth spending circa £50k a year detaining someone when that money could be spent on something better like our underfunded children's hospitals and hospices? SidcupResident
  • Score: 5

5:00pm Wed 26 Feb 14

the wall says...

Yeah lets kill them and make them martyrs, so then a new batch of extremist can have more information to brain wash the young with.

Know your enemy.
Yeah lets kill them and make them martyrs, so then a new batch of extremist can have more information to brain wash the young with. Know your enemy. the wall
  • Score: -21

5:05pm Wed 26 Feb 14

SidcupResident says...

the wall wrote:
Yeah lets kill them and make them martyrs, so then a new batch of extremist can have more information to brain wash the young with.

Know your enemy.
What do you think they'll be doing when they're inside. They'll be doing the same as all the other Muslim extremists in Belmarsh, by recruiting more extremists. When I say recruit, I mean they'll forcing people to convert to Islam otherwise it's a beating in the showers everyday....
[quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: Yeah lets kill them and make them martyrs, so then a new batch of extremist can have more information to brain wash the young with. Know your enemy.[/p][/quote]What do you think they'll be doing when they're inside. They'll be doing the same as all the other Muslim extremists in Belmarsh, by recruiting more extremists. When I say recruit, I mean they'll forcing people to convert to Islam otherwise it's a beating in the showers everyday.... SidcupResident
  • Score: 15

5:08pm Wed 26 Feb 14

the wall says...

forcing people to convert to Islam - How do you do that?

Stop believing everything you read in the Daily Wail!
forcing people to convert to Islam - How do you do that? Stop believing everything you read in the Daily Wail! the wall
  • Score: -37

5:12pm Wed 26 Feb 14

the wall says...

Whole of life for Adebolajo.

45 years minimum for Adebowale.
Whole of life for Adebolajo. 45 years minimum for Adebowale. the wall
  • Score: -35

5:14pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Gypo.Joe says...

the wall wrote:
Whole of life for Adebolajo.

45 years minimum for Adebowale.
Shame it aint in a military prison.

I sound like indigenous pensioner.
[quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: Whole of life for Adebolajo. 45 years minimum for Adebowale.[/p][/quote]Shame it aint in a military prison. I sound like indigenous pensioner. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -35

5:28pm Wed 26 Feb 14

SidcupResident says...

the wall wrote:
forcing people to convert to Islam - How do you do that?

Stop believing everything you read in the Daily Wail!
It's quite simple. Gangs of Muslim Extremist prisoners attack non-Muslim prisoners every day until they convert...

http://www.independe
nt.co.uk/news/uk/hom
e-news/britains-jail
s-facing-growing-pro
blem-of-forced-conve
rsion-to-islam-offic
ers-warn-8892645.htm
l

http://www.bbc.co.uk
/blogs/thereporters/
markeaston/2010/06/i
slam_prison_1.html

http://www.mirror.co
.uk/news/uk-news/dal
e-cregan-targeted-mu
slim-prison-1995975

Just to keep you happy, I've posted links to articles from left-wing media outlets. If you google 'prisoners forced to convert' you'll find plenty of other articles.
[quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: forcing people to convert to Islam - How do you do that? Stop believing everything you read in the Daily Wail![/p][/quote]It's quite simple. Gangs of Muslim Extremist prisoners attack non-Muslim prisoners every day until they convert... http://www.independe nt.co.uk/news/uk/hom e-news/britains-jail s-facing-growing-pro blem-of-forced-conve rsion-to-islam-offic ers-warn-8892645.htm l http://www.bbc.co.uk /blogs/thereporters/ markeaston/2010/06/i slam_prison_1.html http://www.mirror.co .uk/news/uk-news/dal e-cregan-targeted-mu slim-prison-1995975 Just to keep you happy, I've posted links to articles from left-wing media outlets. If you google 'prisoners forced to convert' you'll find plenty of other articles. SidcupResident
  • Score: 19

5:30pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Garry.get-involved says...

What was inhuman was butchering a boy in a 2 ton car then hacking his head off. hold that thought, it was cowardly and inhuman, if they was so called warriors for a faith they would atleast have the bravery and confidence to fight a fair fight.

Secondly what about the extinguishing of hope of his child of ever having a father to play football with, have his first beer, help him learn how to drive.
His wife to be held, to share all her hopes, dreams and stress of daily life and to make a larger family for their son.

I don't even know why we are humouring this circus of a case, give them the option if they are so concerned, there is always hope of release, the offer is life in prison, or do not pass go, do not collect 100 dollas and go strait to your second life instead.
What was inhuman was butchering a boy in a 2 ton car then hacking his head off. hold that thought, it was cowardly and inhuman, if they was so called warriors for a faith they would atleast have the bravery and confidence to fight a fair fight. Secondly what about the extinguishing of hope of his child of ever having a father to play football with, have his first beer, help him learn how to drive. His wife to be held, to share all her hopes, dreams and stress of daily life and to make a larger family for their son. I don't even know why we are humouring this circus of a case, give them the option if they are so concerned, there is always hope of release, the offer is life in prison, or do not pass go, do not collect 100 dollas and go strait to your second life instead. Garry.get-involved
  • Score: 10

12:19am Thu 27 Feb 14

ISaidThis says...

"I totally agree with the protestors that capital punishment should be reintroduced."

Unfortunately, the ability of the police to bang people up for crimes that they haven't committed has rather queered that particular pitch once and for all.
"I totally agree with the protestors that capital punishment should be reintroduced." Unfortunately, the ability of the police to bang people up for crimes that they haven't committed has rather queered that particular pitch once and for all. ISaidThis
  • Score: 30

9:29am Thu 27 Feb 14

the wall says...

SidcupResident wrote:
the wall wrote:
forcing people to convert to Islam - How do you do that?

Stop believing everything you read in the Daily Wail!
It's quite simple. Gangs of Muslim Extremist prisoners attack non-Muslim prisoners every day until they convert...

http://www.independe

nt.co.uk/news/uk/hom

e-news/britains-jail

s-facing-growing-pro

blem-of-forced-conve

rsion-to-islam-offic

ers-warn-8892645.htm

l

http://www.bbc.co.uk

/blogs/thereporters/

markeaston/2010/06/i

slam_prison_1.html

http://www.mirror.co

.uk/news/uk-news/dal

e-cregan-targeted-mu

slim-prison-1995975

Just to keep you happy, I've posted links to articles from left-wing media outlets. If you google 'prisoners forced to convert' you'll find plenty of other articles.
Left, right or centre I couldn't give sh1t. You can google lots of things and you'll find plenty of other articles.
[quote][p][bold]SidcupResident[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: forcing people to convert to Islam - How do you do that? Stop believing everything you read in the Daily Wail![/p][/quote]It's quite simple. Gangs of Muslim Extremist prisoners attack non-Muslim prisoners every day until they convert... http://www.independe nt.co.uk/news/uk/hom e-news/britains-jail s-facing-growing-pro blem-of-forced-conve rsion-to-islam-offic ers-warn-8892645.htm l http://www.bbc.co.uk /blogs/thereporters/ markeaston/2010/06/i slam_prison_1.html http://www.mirror.co .uk/news/uk-news/dal e-cregan-targeted-mu slim-prison-1995975 Just to keep you happy, I've posted links to articles from left-wing media outlets. If you google 'prisoners forced to convert' you'll find plenty of other articles.[/p][/quote]Left, right or centre I couldn't give sh1t. You can google lots of things and you'll find plenty of other articles. the wall
  • Score: -67

10:29am Thu 27 Feb 14

Gypo.Joe says...

How nice to see the grief tourists from the BNP and EDL show up for a little drunken flag waving and a touch of infighting for the occasion.

Glorious aint they.
How nice to see the grief tourists from the BNP and EDL show up for a little drunken flag waving and a touch of infighting for the occasion. Glorious aint they. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -67

11:53am Thu 27 Feb 14

Gypo.Joe says...

I just watched a clip on Sky News, Gobby Pitt was there, no doubt Golding too all larging ( and lagging ) it for the cameras.

Morons.
I just watched a clip on Sky News, Gobby Pitt was there, no doubt Golding too all larging ( and lagging ) it for the cameras. Morons. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -62

2:00pm Fri 28 Feb 14

sarfflondonbird says...

Lols wrote:
What I don’t understand is the biased views of the protesters.
The only reason they are there is because it was an extremist, Islamic killing. Would they, or have they shown their faces at another sentencing? probably not.

The problem with the EDL (assuming this is the EDL!) that the majority are knuckle-headed sheeple.

Most of them just go with the crowd, and have no real reason or intelligent explanation why they are fighting for their cause.

I don’t necessarily agree with the EDL, however I have do have respect for anyone who can argue their point, with knowledge and without ignorance.
I am yet to meet an EDL member who can do this, and seem to embarrass themselves- a lot!

I disagree with capital punishment for these scum bags, firstly because that would make them martyrs, heroes- it’s what they want.

Solitary confinement, a life of utter hell and misery is more punishment than death, IMO.
I am in total agreement with your last two paragraphs. Well said.
[quote][p][bold]Lols[/bold] wrote: What I don’t understand is the biased views of the protesters. The only reason they are there is because it was an extremist, Islamic killing. Would they, or have they shown their faces at another sentencing? probably not. The problem with the EDL (assuming this is the EDL!) that the majority are knuckle-headed sheeple. Most of them just go with the crowd, and have no real reason or intelligent explanation why they are fighting for their cause. I don’t necessarily agree with the EDL, however I have do have respect for anyone who can argue their point, with knowledge and without ignorance. I am yet to meet an EDL member who can do this, and seem to embarrass themselves- a lot! I disagree with capital punishment for these scum bags, firstly because that would make them martyrs, heroes- it’s what they want. Solitary confinement, a life of utter hell and misery is more punishment than death, IMO.[/p][/quote]I am in total agreement with your last two paragraphs. Well said. sarfflondonbird
  • Score: 12

2:02pm Fri 28 Feb 14

sarfflondonbird says...

Gypo.Joe wrote:
the wall wrote:
Whole of life for Adebolajo.

45 years minimum for Adebowale.
Shame it aint in a military prison.

I sound like indigenous pensioner.
and for once you talk some sense.
[quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: Whole of life for Adebolajo. 45 years minimum for Adebowale.[/p][/quote]Shame it aint in a military prison. I sound like indigenous pensioner.[/p][/quote]and for once you talk some sense. sarfflondonbird
  • Score: 0

2:04pm Fri 28 Feb 14

sarfflondonbird says...

the wall wrote:
Whole of life for Adebolajo.

45 years minimum for Adebowale.
Yes we can read thank you. and a well deserved sentence too - lengthwise - shame it has to be at our expense though.
[quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: Whole of life for Adebolajo. 45 years minimum for Adebowale.[/p][/quote]Yes we can read thank you. and a well deserved sentence too - lengthwise - shame it has to be at our expense though. sarfflondonbird
  • Score: 11

12:44pm Mon 3 Mar 14

the wall says...

sarfflondonbird wrote:
the wall wrote:
Whole of life for Adebolajo.

45 years minimum for Adebowale.
Yes we can read thank you. and a well deserved sentence too - lengthwise - shame it has to be at our expense though.
You dotty old bint look at the time and date I posted.
[quote][p][bold]sarfflondonbird[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wall[/bold] wrote: Whole of life for Adebolajo. 45 years minimum for Adebowale.[/p][/quote]Yes we can read thank you. and a well deserved sentence too - lengthwise - shame it has to be at our expense though.[/p][/quote]You dotty old bint look at the time and date I posted. the wall
  • Score: -28

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree