UPDATED: Travellers pull up on land near Tesco.com centre in Erith

This Is Local London: Travellers pull up on land opposite tesco.com centre in Erith Travellers pull up on land opposite tesco.com centre in Erith

FOURTEEN traveller caravans pulled up on land opposite the new Tesco.com centre in Erith have now moved across the road.

The caravans were moved on by the police but they are now in a car park next to the distrbution centre in Church Manorway just off Bronze Age Way.

A man who didn't want to be named who works near the site said: "The caravans started appearing on Thursday morning.

"There used to be a concrete boulder blocking off the site but that has gone and they have made a right mess of the road where all the caravans have pulled in.

"They have left a lot of rubbish in the car park, it looks like an eyesore."

A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "Approximately 11 caravans moved onto a site at Church Manorway, Erith yesterday with a further three joining them this morning.

"We have been liaising with the police and hope that this matter will be resolved shortly."

Comments (13)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:22pm Fri 21 Feb 14

ELVIS83 says...

Take oath bruv
Take oath bruv ELVIS83

1:58pm Fri 21 Feb 14

concerned.erith says...

camping & Caravan club strike again! Wonder how much it will cost to clean this one up?
camping & Caravan club strike again! Wonder how much it will cost to clean this one up? concerned.erith

2:37pm Fri 21 Feb 14

The Beast of Belvedere says...

Lock your windows and doors with this lot on the loose!
Lock your windows and doors with this lot on the loose! The Beast of Belvedere

3:03pm Fri 21 Feb 14

Marty1979 says...

Where's Joe!
Where's Joe! Marty1979

3:18pm Fri 21 Feb 14

molsey says...

Burn em.
Burn em. molsey

5:39pm Fri 21 Feb 14

Joelo says...

Maybe they will take some of the horses that have been left to rot in the local area with them when they go?
Maybe they will take some of the horses that have been left to rot in the local area with them when they go? Joelo

8:59pm Sun 23 Feb 14

sarfflondonbird says...

Marty1979 wrote:
Where's Joe!
At a caravan near you.
[quote][p][bold]Marty1979[/bold] wrote: Where's Joe![/p][/quote]At a caravan near you. sarfflondonbird

1:14pm Mon 24 Feb 14

kentlad says...

Joelo wrote:
Maybe they will take some of the horses that have been left to rot in the local area with them when they go?
i dont know much about Erith but, your above comment makes sense to something my friend said last week. He was repairing a broken lift at a block of flats in Erith a few weeks ago and he said there were horses walking around the green area outside. at first i thought he was winding us up over a pint but now you have said there are horses that have been left to rot i believe him.
[quote][p][bold]Joelo[/bold] wrote: Maybe they will take some of the horses that have been left to rot in the local area with them when they go?[/p][/quote]i dont know much about Erith but, your above comment makes sense to something my friend said last week. He was repairing a broken lift at a block of flats in Erith a few weeks ago and he said there were horses walking around the green area outside. at first i thought he was winding us up over a pint but now you have said there are horses that have been left to rot i believe him. kentlad

2:35pm Mon 24 Feb 14

mrnubcake says...

kentlad wrote:
Joelo wrote:
Maybe they will take some of the horses that have been left to rot in the local area with them when they go?
i dont know much about Erith but, your above comment makes sense to something my friend said last week. He was repairing a broken lift at a block of flats in Erith a few weeks ago and he said there were horses walking around the green area outside. at first i thought he was winding us up over a pint but now you have said there are horses that have been left to rot i believe him.
I am a resident of Erith and happen to live in a high rise block of flats near the green in question. I can confirm that your friend does indeed speak the truth. On many of trip to Slade Green station to commute to work I often walked past 2 horses.
[quote][p][bold]kentlad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joelo[/bold] wrote: Maybe they will take some of the horses that have been left to rot in the local area with them when they go?[/p][/quote]i dont know much about Erith but, your above comment makes sense to something my friend said last week. He was repairing a broken lift at a block of flats in Erith a few weeks ago and he said there were horses walking around the green area outside. at first i thought he was winding us up over a pint but now you have said there are horses that have been left to rot i believe him.[/p][/quote]I am a resident of Erith and happen to live in a high rise block of flats near the green in question. I can confirm that your friend does indeed speak the truth. On many of trip to Slade Green station to commute to work I often walked past 2 horses. mrnubcake

9:12pm Mon 24 Feb 14

sarfflondonbird says...

mrnubcake wrote:
kentlad wrote:
Joelo wrote:
Maybe they will take some of the horses that have been left to rot in the local area with them when they go?
i dont know much about Erith but, your above comment makes sense to something my friend said last week. He was repairing a broken lift at a block of flats in Erith a few weeks ago and he said there were horses walking around the green area outside. at first i thought he was winding us up over a pint but now you have said there are horses that have been left to rot i believe him.
I am a resident of Erith and happen to live in a high rise block of flats near the green in question. I can confirm that your friend does indeed speak the truth. On many of trip to Slade Green station to commute to work I often walked past 2 horses.
Don't you just want to take them home with you? Poor things.
[quote][p][bold]mrnubcake[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]kentlad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Joelo[/bold] wrote: Maybe they will take some of the horses that have been left to rot in the local area with them when they go?[/p][/quote]i dont know much about Erith but, your above comment makes sense to something my friend said last week. He was repairing a broken lift at a block of flats in Erith a few weeks ago and he said there were horses walking around the green area outside. at first i thought he was winding us up over a pint but now you have said there are horses that have been left to rot i believe him.[/p][/quote]I am a resident of Erith and happen to live in a high rise block of flats near the green in question. I can confirm that your friend does indeed speak the truth. On many of trip to Slade Green station to commute to work I often walked past 2 horses.[/p][/quote]Don't you just want to take them home with you? Poor things. sarfflondonbird

2:51pm Wed 26 Feb 14

Phillip McCorey says...

On my travels, (no pun intended) last night I noticed around the same number of caravans parked in the car park of Hall Place in Bexley. Where these the same ones? More than likely.
On my travels, (no pun intended) last night I noticed around the same number of caravans parked in the car park of Hall Place in Bexley. Where these the same ones? More than likely. Phillip McCorey

9:51pm Thu 27 Feb 14

fatboy2000 says...

every little helps.
every little helps. fatboy2000

12:45pm Wed 5 Mar 14

ms day says...

low lifes who would rob there own grandmother burn them
low lifes who would rob there own grandmother burn them ms day

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree