Teenager Daniel Spargo-Mabbs suffered three heart attacks after taking his part of 2.5 grams of MDMA bought in a drug deal, a court heard today.

The court heard Archbishop Tenison's pupil died in hospital on Monday, after slipping into a coma after taking the illegal drug at a warehouse rave in Hayes, west London, in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Two youths accused of supplying the MDMA which is believed to have caused the Croydon teenager’s death were remanded in custody at a hearing today.

Nicqueel Pitrora, aged 18, and Ryan Kirk, aged 20, both appeared at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court charged with being concerned in the supply of class A drugs.

Pitrora is also charged with being in possession of cannabis.

It is alleged Pitrora, of London Road, Croydon, was called by a group of youths last Friday evening and they had arranged a drug deal, that allegedly took place close to Elmers End station.

Ms Waata told the hearing: “They (the group) state a white boy rode up to them on a mountain bike and the deal was conducted and they took three bags of MDMA, two with 1gm in and the final with 0.5gm.”

The court heard that others allegedly took the drug shortly after the deal was done but Daniel waited until he was at the rave.

Ms Waata said: "Following consumption of that he immediately became ill, unconscious, that resulted in him having treatment.

"He was taken to Hillingdon Hospital and he was unconscious, his body temperature had risen so high causing a metabolic reaction and his muscles broke down and he had three heart attacks."

He was later transferred to King’s College Hospital in an induced coma but died on Monday.

Jobless Pitrora and Kirk, spoke only to confirm their names, ages and addresses during the short hearing this afternoon.

They were remanded in custody and will next appear at Isleworth Crown Court on February 5.

Dressed in a long sleeved black t-shirt with the words My Size emblazoned on it, Kirk and Pitrora, who was wearing a black leather jacket and t-shirt, did not indicate pleas to the charges Detectives investigating Daniel's death also arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with the incident.

He has been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.