Smoker sets bedroom on fire with cigarette

A smoker set a bedroom on fire with a cigarette and then tried to put it out.

Fire crews from Surbiton and Kingston were called to Avenue Elmers in Surbiton at about 11pm last night, January 11, to a bedroom fire in a three-storey house.

A spokesman for Surbiton’s white watch, who attended the fire, said no one was injured.

He said: “It was started by a cigarette.

“They tried to put it out themselves by removing the stuff that was on fire.”

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree