Report news now! Text pictures & video to 80360, starting message with WITNESS then leave a space
Increase in Tube, rail and bus fares condemned by London Assembly member for Enfield Joanne McCartney
The London Assembly member for Enfield and Haringey has condemned the increase in travel fares in the capital at the start of 2014.
Labour representative Joanne McCartney said: “Despite his promises, many transport fares in London will go up above inflation this month.
"Bus fares have now risen by more than 60 per cent since Boris became mayor in 2008 and Travelcards are up by 3.4 per cent. This couldn’t come at a worse time as Londoners continue to be hit by the cost of living crisis.”
The increase in travel fares for this year is as follows:
- Bus and Tram Pay as You Go – up 3.6 per cent to £1.45 - a 55p rise since 2008
- Pay as you go TfL Rail Services Zone 1 – up 4.8 per cent to £2.20
- Zone 1-2 monthly Travelcard – up 3.3 per cent to £120.60
- Zone 1-3 monthly Travelcard – up 3.4 per cent to £141.40
- Zone 1-4 annual Travelcard – up 3.2 per cent to £1,800
Comments are closed on this article.