Report news now! Text pictures & video to 80360, starting message with WITNESS then leave a space
Santa Claws: Kitten rescued from chimney by firefighters
A four-month-old kitten was rescued from a chimney by firefighters.
The ginger-and-white cat climbed over the fireplace at a house in Orme Road, Norbiton, and became stuck in the small space.
Surbiton fire crew manager David Colley said: “The cat had climbed up on to the stones.
“He’s jumped up and climbed up into the chimney.
“We had to cut some of the fire surround out.
“A can of tuna and some of his favourite toys, and he finally climbed down himself.
“He was a bit sooty but he was alright.”
Firefighters got the call just before 4pm yesterday.
Comments are closed on this article.