A witness has come under heavy scrutiny about an alleged affair with Akua Aygeman, who was stabbed by Minta Addido last November

A man that lived opposite a husband who killed his wife has come under heavy questioning from barristers about an alleged affair between himself and the victim.

The case at the Old Bailey involves 38-year-old Minta Addido who killed his wife, Akua Agyeman, by stabbing her 15 times in Morris Court, Rigby Place in Enfield Island Village on November 6, 2012.

Mr Addido, who is Ghanaian, has pleaded not guilty to murder but guilty to manslaughter.

Oladapo Etti-Williams lived at Rigby Place opposite the couple and spoke at the Central criminal court today about his interactions with the pair.

Mr Addido claims that he lost control after an altercation with Mr Etti-Williams and his wife at his home on the night of the stabbing, during which he says the neighbour pointed a gun at him and insulted him using a derisory African insult.

The defendant claims that Etti-Williams and Ms Agyeman had been seeing each other while he was at work.

Mr Etti-Williams told the court today: “I only went into that house [Rigby Place] once.”

When asked if he had been at the house on the night of the stabbing, he swiftly responded: “I never went there on that night.”

He also told the court that he first exchanged numbers with Agyeman after she was locked out of her house and waited in Mr Etti-Williams’ house for her husband to come home.

The Enfield resident said that he would only text her “three or four times a day”.

However, it was revealed that in four months, the pair exchanged some 600 text messages and phone calls after phone bills were examined.

Some days more than 80 messages were sent between them.

This led to Mr Etti-Williams coming under continuous scrutiny about his relationship with Mrs Agyeman from defence barrister Jonathan Higgs.

The barrister asked several times: “You had an affair with her, didn’t you?”

Mr Etti-Williams continually responded: “Never.”

Denying he even knew her name, Mr Etti-Williams replaced his mobile phone SIM card in October 2012 and texting between the pair stopped.

The trial continues.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree