Burnt dinner triggers fire alarm at Walton flats

This Is Local London: Vicarage Fields, Walton. Picture: Google. Vicarage Fields, Walton. Picture: Google.

Six fire engines were called to a block of flats in Walton last night after a resident’s dinner got slightly overdone.

Crews were called to a small kitchen fire at about 6pm on Monday, December 2 at the eight-storey building in Vicarage Fields, which firefighters believe may have started after someone burnt their dinner.

After making the scene safe, crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke from the flat and communal areas.

Firefighters from Walton fire station were among those who attended and were back at the station at 7.30pm.

Elmbridge Housing Trust, who manage the building, said they received a call at about 6.50pm last night saying the fire alarm was going off and the fire service were automatically called.

The spokeswoman said the housing trust were not aware of any fire and said an engineer was called out to fix the alarm, which was deemed to be faulty.

 

TODAY'S TOP ELMBRIDGE STORIES

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree