Report news now! Text pictures & video to 80360, starting message with WITNESS then leave a space
Think about yourself, says London Dating Coach Hayley Quinn
It is usually best to assume people are crazy.
People see things in different ways, based on their different experiences and attitudes.
If you try to do things based on what you think will make them happy it may make you go insane.
Let me give you some examples:
1. When you keep quiet about what you really think to avoid upsetting the other person. Chances are you’ll end up even more upset than you could have ever made them.
2. When you try to say what you think they want to hear on a date. Chances are that you’ll end up censoring most of your conversation and sounding as dull as dishwater.
3. When you don’t approach someone in case they react badly. Chances are that you’ll never get the opportunity to meet them again and find out if you are destined to fall madly in love.
So don’t wait on what you think they want to hear, or the right time, or place.
Instead get used to going after what you want, saying what you feel and knowing that whilst it’s pretty hard to know what’s going on with someone else; you can work on knowing yourself.
READ more of Hayley's advice
- Dating is not like Dr Pepper
- Tips for commuters
- Get out of a dry spell
- How to tell if they are just not that into you
- Three very simple criteria on who is suitable to date
- Staying true to yourself
- Quit whining Mr Nice Guy
- How to get men to approach you
- Making small talk less like an interrogation
- Mastering eye contact
Comments are closed on this article.