A list of candidates for this year’s Surrey County Council elections has been announced.
The election, which will see 44 candidates battle it out for the nine seats representing the boroughs divisions, will take place on May 2.
Candidates will be standing to represent Cobham, East Molesey and Esher, Hersham, Hinchley Wood, Claygate and Oxshott, the Dittons, Walton, Walton South and Oatlands, West Molesey and Weybridge.
The Conservative Party, Labour, Liberal Democrats and UKIP each have one candidate standing for each division.
Candidates for Dittons and Weston Green Residents, Esher and Molesey Residents' Associations, Hersham Village Society, Molesey Residents' Association, the Walton Society and Weybridge Independents will also stand for their respective divisions, while the Official Monster Raving Loony Party have one candidate standing for West Molesey and one for East Molesey and Esher.
There are 81 seats at the county council to be elected from across the county.
An Elmbridge Council by-election will also take place on May 2, after Claygate councillor Jimmy Cartwright resigned last month.
Three candidates are standing in the by-election, with Bernard Collignon representing UKIP, Mary Marshall standing for the Liberal Democracts and Mark Sugden for the Local Conservatives.
The full list of candidates for the Surrey County Council elections is as follows:
Hinchley Wood, Claygate and Oxshott
- Keya Ashraf - Liberal Democrats
- Mike Bennison - Local Conservatives
- Bernard Collignon - UKIP
- Sheila Francis - Labour Party
- Richard Atkins - UKIP
- David Bellchamber - Liberal Democrats
- Carolyn Gray - Labour Party
- Mary Lewis - Conservative Party
- Susannah Cunningham - UKIP
- Francis Eldergill - Labour Party
- Peter Hickman - Dittons and Weston Green Residents
- Mike Smith - Liberal Democrat
- Robert Stead - Conservative Party
East Molesey & Esher
- Steve Bax - Local Conservatives
- “Chinners” - Official Monster Raving Loony Party
- Trevor Marshall - UKIP
- Paul Nagle - Liberal Democrats
- Stuart Selleck - Esher and Molesey Residents’ Associations
- Irene Threlkeld - Labour Party
- Roy Green - Hersham Village Society
- Irene Hamilton - Labour Party
- Margaret Hicks - Conservative Party
- Simon Lumb - Liberal Democrats
- Richard Newbold - UKIP
- Steve Clements - UKIP
- Crazy Dave - Official Monster Raving Loony Party
- Christine Elmer - Local Conservatives
- Ernest Mallett - The Molesey Residents’ Association
- Alastair Sturgis - Liberal Democrats
- Matt Willey - Labour Party
- Mike Collins - The Walton Society
- Sereena Davey - Liberal Democrats
- Peter Hawkes - Labour Party
- Rachael Lake - Local Conservatives
- Anita Wooldridge - UKIP
Walton South and Oatlands
- Gillian Grant - UKIP
- Margaret Hawkes - Labour Party
- Tony Samuels - Conservative Party
- John Smith - Liberal Democrats
- Andrew Davis - Liberal Democrats
- Peter Harman - Weybridge Independents
- Ian Lake - UKIP
- Martin Lister - Labour Party
- Christian Mahne - Conservative Party