Woman given oxygen after oil pan fire in Epsom
A woman had to be given oxygen after inhaling smoke from a burning pan of oil yesterday.
Firefighters in breathing apparatus used a fire blanket to put out the fire and led the woman, 41, out of the property in Kiln Lane, Epsom at 2.30pm.
A spokesman at Epsom fire station said: "I presume it was a chip pan fire.
"We advise people going for the healthy option not using the oil or to use more modern style units."
He said chip pans should never be left unattended and if one catches fire do not throw water on it.