Christmas gifts: Buying for the woman in your life
11:49am Wednesday 25th November 2009 in Gift ideas
Let the woman in your life know just how much she means to you. Whether you're a big spender looking to give her a real treat or prefer to give a little sweet something, there's something here for mums, daughters, girlfriends and wives to fall in love with.
* Sing your heart out to SingStar Take That.
Available for the PlayStation 2 and 3, find your inner Mark Owen, Gary Barlow, Jason Orange or Howard Donald on the singing game, which includes their classic hits A Million Love Songs, Back For Good and Could It Be Magic, along with newer tracks Up All Night, Said It All and Hold Up A Light from their Circus album.
* Sweeten up her life with some chocolates.
Thorntons' I Love Chocolate box, £25, features their best-selling sugar-coated confections including Continental, Belgian Continental, and Choc Chip Choccies, as well as the Chocolate Smothered Vanilla Fudge and Original Toffi-Chocs. Mmmm ... delicious!
* Keep her musical ear satisfied with the new Apple iPod Nano.
With 8GB worth of memory (enough for either around 2,000 songs, or 7,000 photos or eight hours of video) and available in seven gorgeously vivid shades, the latest version of the popular music player has a bigger screen for watching movies, shows and videos, a video camera for shooting your own footage, a built-in FM tuner to tune into your favourite radio station, and a pedometer function. A little shake and it'll even shuffle those tunes.
* Cold feet will be something of the past with Dorothy Perkins's navy snowflake boots.
Soft, snuggly and oh so comfy, they're great for stomping around the house in. Available in three sizes - small, medium and large - the slipper-boots are available in store and online.
* This delicate and personalised sterling silver keepsake necklace is sure to win her heart.
Choose from an initial, number or motif charms - each disc is then handstamped and given a slight texture which is polished up to a bright shine. It won't break the bank either at £25, with additional charms costing more, from Notonthehighstreet.com
* The Ladies Hamper from Harrods will make anyone melt.
The elegant gift box contains a bottle of rose champagne, mouth-watering champagne and raspberry truffles and rose-scented toiletries - perfect for women of any age.
* New make-up brings out a woman's inner girl, and Bobbi Brown's Chrome Palette will make her jump for joy.
Encased in a chrome slimline fold-out palette are 10 shimmering eyeshadows, four lip-smacking lipglosses and two mini brushes.
* Jet-setters and those with the travel bug will love LUXE World Grand Tour box.
Crammed full of 12 LUXE City Guides to destinations including London, Paris, Rome, Los Angeles, New York, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Dubai, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney, this definitive collection can be hers for £55.
* Ooh la la! Bring the French lavender fields to her with L'Occitane's Shea Butter set.
The collection, £25 at Debenhams, includes a bottle of the Ultra Rich Shower Cream, Hand Cream, Foot Cream, Lip Balm and Extra Gentle Soap.
* An Anya Hindmarch tote has a place on most wishlists, but while it's out of budget for many, one piece of Anya is more affordable.
Their seasonal canvas tote, £55, is the perfect carry-all for any shopping trip with its roominess. She'll be the envy of everyone.
* Wrist cuffs are en vogue, so keep her on top of the style stakes with this Chroma Calyx cuff.
Made of silk, with petals of lucite and rhinestones, it costs £38 from Anthropologie.
* Laugh and cry at the same time with Friends 15th anniversary complete collection.
Containing all the episodes of the popular sitcom on 40 DVDs, it's a must-have for any fan of Ross, Rachel, Chandler, Monica, Joey and Phoebe and their kooky antics.